What's new

CED Videodisc on LD Player? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Quick question: Can CED Videodiscs be played on either the Pioneer CLD-D505 or -S104? I found an auction on ebay that has the CED Videodisc version of A Thousand Clowns, and was wondering if either of the above players are capable of reading it. My mom will be a happy camper come xmas if they can.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
nope, ced videodiscs can only be read by ced players. ced discs use a needle to read the data from the disc, and of course ld doesnt. i guess it would be like trying to read a 45 rpm vinyl with a cd player, if the sizes were the same. i'm sure someone else here can give you more info than i can, but what you are asking cant be done. however, you should be able to pick up a decent used player for cheap on ebay. $50 should buy you a good player, but you can get away with buying a cheaper one. if you would only use it for a couple discs, its all up to you. also search for selectavision, another name used for ced.

CJ

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
the discs are in a plastic case that you transfer to the player
So discs generally are not messed up from people/kids

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I've got some discs though that make you wonder what people did with them- there is a way to get the disc out of the cover, and some people celebrated finding that out by smothering the disc with their fingerprints!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks