What's new

Cecil B. Demented director tattoos (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
In John Water's Cecil B. Demented, the ciname-terrorists each show their tattoos while being introduced to Melanie Griffith's character after kidnapping her. The tattoos were all director's names. Does anyone happend to know or remember what those names were? I think only one or two were familiar, but I'm very curious, and may explore some of their work. Thanks in advance.

PatrickL

Second Unit
I could be wrong on one, maybe two, but I think I remember:

Pedro Almodovar, Sam Peckinpah, Sam Fuller, William Castle, Kenneth Anger, Spike Lee and Rainer Werner Fassbinder.

Danny R

Supporting Actor
John Waters said this about the directors listed:

Well, Cecil B. DeMille did it first—director as star. Certainly Otto Preminger, who was known for being mean to his stars, and that's why I used him as Cecil's idol, really. Andy Warhol, of course, who had the brilliant idea of putting drugs and gay people together in a movie, which was really radical and really smart, and making a movie with his own group of movie stars. Fassbinder, who still may be my favorite director; it seemed like when he died, he took the whole New German Cinema with him.

Kenneth Anger was one of the first people to ever use pop music ironically, and everyone copied him, including me. David Lynch, of course; David Lynch was my sponsor to get me into the Academy. Spike Lee—I love how white people get so mad every time. And I like all his movies. Sam Fuller—oh my god, "The Naked Kiss" has the best credit sequence of my entire life! Hershel Gordon Lewis, the king of gore, who is a friend of mine—without him you wouldn't have had the first 20 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gk7193
Recent bookmarks