What's new

CDRs with Windows XP (1 Viewer)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
My Dad has a bit of a problem. I recently built him a new computer, and put Windows XP on it. He's been using the built in CDR stuff with no problems. On his previous system, he was using Adaptec EZ CD Creator 4 with Windows 98 for CDRs. Apparenty, he was using the CDRW wizard thingie, and it asked him if he wanted to make that CDRW readable only on his computer. He checked yes. Now that he's no longer using EZ CD Creator, is it possible to get to this data? The previous computer has been reformatted, but EZ CD Creator 4 is installed on it... would it be able to read the CDRW? Or was that CDRW's information in some file that is now gone?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Things like this make me love my mac :)

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
It should be able to read the CD-RW.

The integrated burning software in Windows XP is actually made by Roxio, so it is just like EZ CD Creator.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Don,

I had the same problem. EZ CD creator 4 is not compatible with XP. Roxio offers a new version (I think it is 5.1) that is compatible on their website-you may be able to upgrade. It will create all sort of ugly CDR software is disabled messages!

I have a better idea, however, based on my experience:

I purchased a Plextor drive and it came with SimpliCD ROM, a drag and drop program that works even better on data file copying that EZ. I do not have any experience with music files, however. SimpliCD is much faster on copying my data files (around 5 minutes for 400MD transfer by watch) to CDR.

Hope this helps.

Lee

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Have any of you had any problem reading CDR's in XP? I use Nero as my main burning program, and usually encode the CDR's in UDF format.

It recognises my audio CD's fine. But all of my program CD's are encoded in UDF, and it says the CD is corrupted format. I know this isn't the case, because they worked perfectly with Windows ME..

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Neil,

I have the same problem. I hope someone will chime in here and give us a clue as to how to resolve this problem. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks