What's new

CDNOW OUTRAGE...Overcharging for WS over P&S version.... (1 Viewer)

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
I wouldn't be happy about it either, but I think we can all agree that the WS version IS worth more.
While this may be true, I think the real answer is to not support any retailer who participates in such a ludicrous practice. Personally, I get most of my DVDs from either Columbia House or Deep Discount DVD. Once in a while I'll order from Amazon, but I almost never order online from anyone else.

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, got my replacement copy of The Rookie today, and what do you think I got?!?!?! Another Pan and Scan copy. Maybe CDNow got so many copies of the Pan and Scan version and tries to send it to people and hope they will be too lazy to send them back.... Another call to CDNOw...

Ron Birk

RexW

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have the time or space to go into my experiences with CDNow but suffice it to say that something like this does not surprise me with them.

David S

Stunt Coordinator
yup couple of months ago worst buy had the P&S on sale and not the WS version of Harry Potter. I took both to counter, spurted off some "how stupid is this" comments, and left them both at check out. Same day go to Circut City, and all they have is about 75 copies of P&S, no WS left. This was enough to get me back into Pre-ordering on the Web, should have never stopped anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks