What's new

CDNOW good customer service experience (1 Viewer)

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I had to return a defective copy of Doctor Zhivago. I contacted CDNOW via email and they responded quickly and professionally:

Thank you for contacting us. Please accept our apologies for the problem with your CDNOW order number ###. As a one-time exception I am mailing you a merchandise return label to cover the return shipping charges.

Please write your RA Number ### on the outside of the package. Feel free to use the same packaging in which your order was shipped. Also, please include a note in your return package explaining why you are returning your order.

In the meantime, I have already processed the replacement for you. The new order number is ###.
I have received the new disc, which plays flawlessly, and I have sent back the defective disc. I think that CDNOW handled this return very well.

-Chris

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I have never had to return anything to CDNow but I've made lots of purchases, all good experiences.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
:emoji_thumbsup:
I jumped on their 20% off sale last week to get a couple of items cleared off my wish list. After a couple of tense days seeing both of the items stuck with the status "Processing" (which a link explained meant that while that item was in stock, it was waiting on another item which was not :confused: ), I e-mailed them to see what was up.
Turns out (and I'm making a rather long story very short here) the first item had shipped (got it Monday, woohoo!), the other had somehow been cancelled at the warehouse. They were good enough to let me re-order and discounted my new order to the same price I would have paid on the 20% off sale.
Of course, that item still says it's "Processing," but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we've got it under control this time!

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
For some reason they do seem to get slammed on some boards, but I too have had all good expereinces with CDNow.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Aside from their orders taking longer to get here than some other stores, I haven't had a problem with CDNOW. Their phone support has been great, and while a little slow to ship, I haven't had any other hassles with them. At least they still have sales...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks