1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

CDNOW good customer service experience

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChrisMatson, Feb 18, 2002.

1. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

I had to return a defective copy of Doctor Zhivago. I contacted CDNOW via email and they responded quickly and professionally:

2. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I have never had to return anything to CDNow but I've made lots of purchases, all good experiences.

3. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

[​IMG]
    I jumped on their 20% off sale last week to get a couple of items cleared off my wish list. After a couple of tense days seeing both of the items stuck with the status "Processing" (which a link explained meant that while that item was in stock, it was waiting on another item which was not [​IMG] ), I e-mailed them to see what was up.
    Turns out (and I'm making a rather long story very short here) the first item had shipped (got it Monday, woohoo!), the other had somehow been cancelled at the warehouse. They were good enough to let me re-order and discounted my new order to the same price I would have paid on the 20% off sale.
    Of course, that item still says it's "Processing," but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we've got it under control this time!

4. Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin Supporting Actor

For some reason they do seem to get slammed on some boards, but I too have had all good expereinces with CDNow.

5. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

6. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Aside from their orders taking longer to get here than some other stores, I haven't had a problem with CDNOW. Their phone support has been great, and while a little slow to ship, I haven't had any other hassles with them. At least they still have sales...