What's new

CDM 1NT or CDM 7 non NT? Both are $1,200! (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Gonzalez

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys,

I could use some advice. I called to get the price of a pair of CDM1NT's to upgrade from the 601's. I already have the CDMCNT center speaker and another pair of 601's for the rears.

When I called my sales guy he told me that they just had a customer who upgraded to the Nautilus and traded in his CDM 7's and can sell me them for to me $1,200, same price as the CDM1NT. The problem is that they are not the NT's and were last years model. They are in great condition.

My questions are...

Will the CDM 7's match my CDMCNT center flawlessly?

I love good 2 channel music but movies are the priority of my HT. Will it be worth getting a floor standing speaker if I am using a sub? Will it be harder to match a sub with the CDM7's over the CDM1NT's?

Finally, Is there a big difference between the CDM7's and the CDM7NT's?

Thanks, Sam..

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
yes, there is a huge difference, I would go for the new CDM1NT, there have been some big upgrades.

The SE used a tweeter that was based on the "P" series (no longer made by B&W. It isn't nearly as accurate and open sounding as the one on the NT, go listen for yourself and deside, that is the best way, but htey have made upgrades to the tweeter the driver and the crossover that I know about.

Jimmy Gonzalez

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info, rodneyH.
You are right. I listened to both models last night and I did notice the differences. I am going to pick up the CDM1NT's this Friday. It would have been nice to save $350.00 from not buying the stands but I have been wanting the CDM1NT's for some time now..
One more question. Which sub will blend best for the CDM1's? I notice allot of members use SVS but there is no store that demos them. What brands do they compare to? What others should I be looking into? ok that is more then one question.;)
Thanks again,
Sam.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
If Jimmy is dealing with the dealer I think he's dealing with, there's no such word as haggle. I think I saw the 7SEs when I went in there the other day. They are Sweeeet!

I have the 1SEs and wouldn't change them for anything.

Users who are viewing this thread