What's new

CD/Video Universe experiences? (1 Viewer)

TyC

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone bought DVDs online from CD Universe (aka Video Universe)? If so, what has been your experience with them? Do they have good customer service? Is their shipping reliable?

I am considering purchasing Men In Black: Limited Edition from them, and I am surprised that their price is $16.00 cheaper than the MSRP. That is a 40% discount! Is there anything I should be worried about?

Mike Patton

Auditioning
I have purchased DVDs from them and had no difficulty. My discs were shipped promptly and I received order confirmation by email. Did not have to return anything though.

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
I had very bad experience with them. They started out great but they either bought out dvdwave or dvdwave bought them out. That's when shit hit the fan.
I was charged for several shipments that never shipped. When I contacted them, I still never received the packages now could I get them to issue credit. I finally took it up with my credit card company, and they were able to get them to issue me credit.
I would never trust them again.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
They seem like a crappy, 2 bit vendor to me. I ordered a large amount of video games from them(10+), and the invoice had a shipping fee of $7, but they broke my order into parts and ended up charging about $20 total shipping.

Their resoning behind it? Supposedly, the items were "out of stock", despite being listed on the web page as "in stock" when I ordered them. Apparantly, it wasn't a big priority for them though, because they never bothered to update the website, and still had them listed as "in stock" when they told me they were out. I did a CC chargeback for the difference in shipping and paid the right amount, but I'd never buy there again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks