CD/Video Universe experiences?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TyC, Jan 22, 2002.

1. TyC

TyC Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone bought DVDs online from CD Universe (aka Video Universe)? If so, what has been your experience with them? Do they have good customer service? Is their shipping reliable?

I am considering purchasing Men In Black: Limited Edition from them, and I am surprised that their price is $16.00 cheaper than the MSRP. That is a 40% discount! Is there anything I should be worried about?

2. Mike Patton

Mike Patton Auditioning

I have purchased DVDs from them and had no difficulty. My discs were shipped promptly and I received order confirmation by email. Did not have to return anything though.

3. Don Peskin

Don Peskin Stunt Coordinator

I had very bad experience with them. They started out great but they either bought out dvdwave or dvdwave bought them out. That's when shit hit the fan.
    I was charged for several shipments that never shipped. When I contacted them, I still never received the packages now could I get them to issue credit. I finally took it up with my credit card company, and they were able to get them to issue me credit.
    I would never trust them again.

4. Jeff_P

Jeff_P Stunt Coordinator

I ordered from them twice in August and had no problems with them.

5. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

They seem like a crappy, 2 bit vendor to me. I ordered a large amount of video games from them(10+), and the invoice had a shipping fee of $7, but they broke my order into parts and ended up charging about $20 total shipping.

Their resoning behind it? Supposedly, the items were "out of stock", despite being listed on the web page as "in stock" when I ordered them. Apparantly, it wasn't a big priority for them though, because they never bothered to update the website, and still had them listed as "in stock" when they told me they were out. I did a CC chargeback for the difference in shipping and paid the right amount, but I'd never buy there again.