What's new

CD version of DVD Profiler type Program (1 Viewer)

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
Does anyone know of a FREE program used for cataloging CD's. I would want it to have the capability to search by artist but beyond that I'm not too picky.

Stu Rosen

Second Unit
This isn't what you're probably looking for, but I find iTunes to be a terrific program for cataloging CDs. You can drill down to any artist, to any song title, to any number of fields, in seconds. The only work I've had to do is to drag in CD covers from sites like Amazon into the summary for each album.

I have used CD Collector for Windows (I now have a Mac at home), and loved it, but I have to say, iTunes really does it for me. I have about 37,000 songs catalogued and I can find anything in about a second.

And it's free.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I've been using the following for quite a few years now. Excellent tracking and reports. Also, includes continuous (free) upgrades and excellent customer support. Very much worth the cost IMO. :emoji_thumbsup:

www.collectorz.com/music/

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
Itunes is great but for me it won't work because I have so many tracks in Itunes that I don't own the CD and I'm looking specifically for something to list my CD's. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I'll check them out tonight.

Stu Rosen

Second Unit
If iTunes won't do it for you, I definitely agree with Jeff - the CD Collector program is a no-brainer.

Sean_R_N

Auditioning
I recommend Readerware. It isn't free, but the cost is around $40 or so for the program. All you have to do is enter in the CD bar code and it does the rest. I've catalogued over 1200 CDs and it works great.

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
I have loaded all my CDs onto my hard drive, so I use Windows Media Player to sort and select CDs. It's a fine program, but if you have hundreds of CDs, ripping all of them to the hard drive can be a daunting task.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks