CD treatment read in a review

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Ryan Lee Bates, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Ryan Lee Bates

Ryan Lee Bates Auditioning

Feb 20, 2004
    I didn't know exactly where to ask this question.

Reading a review for a Krell FPB600 amp by Noel T. Keen on StereoTimes he mentioned several treatments performed on CD's before playing them which supposed to have increased the sound or tonality. These treatments included Compact Dynamics Optrix spray, Eco-3 antistatic formulation sprayed, Bedini Ultraclarifier, and green paint on the edges of CDs made an improvement.

Someone Help me to understand what he was doing and how it will help on a higher end system. Just for the purpose to increase my knowledge.
  2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Jun 29, 2001
    Well probably the first thing you can do to further your knowledge is either to stop reading that stuff or if you're going to read it then do so for amusement.

The Clarifier is a joke and the green paint doesn't do anything. In ways, they are analogous to your putting your razor blades in one of those pyramids to keep them sharp forever.
    The first two products clean and put on an antistatic coating. I'd think you could find something pretty inexpensive that does both at your local pharmacy or Walmart that's used for cleaning plastic lenses.