CD-Text Problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Todd Stout, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

Does Nero Burning Rom 5.5.7.8 software include CD-Text in a different manner than Easy CD Creator 5.02d Platinum does on CD-R discs? I bought Nero on Friday night at the local Best Buy since I was having problems with Easy CD Creator after upgrading to Windows XP. I have a CD-Text cabable CD player on my PC to test the CD-Rs that I burn and the Nero discs are not being read by the player. My older Easy CD Creator discs are being read just fine for some reason.

The funny thing is, when I open Easy CD Creator and pop in a Nero burned CD, Easy CD Creator can read the CD-Text just fine. Is there something that needs to be set up in Nero to burn CD-Text properly (besides the basics)? Are there different formats of CD-Text that Nero can include?

I just want to be including CD-Text in a proper format for future CD players that I may own (I need to replace the head unit in my truck hopefully soon).

2. ChristianW

ChristianW Stunt Coordinator

I use Nero, and burn all my discs with CD-Text, and it has never failed to work on my head unit in the car. That's the only text capable player i've got though.
    Not much help am I? [​IMG]

3. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

That's okay Christian... every bit of information helps.

Something else I should mention is that CD's made by Easy CD Creator displayed what appeared to be CD-Text information in Music Match but the Nero CD's do not. I contacted Music Match about that and they said that their software doesn't actually read CD-Text, it just queries CDDB. They weren't sure why the Easy CD Creator discs were displaying artist/album/track information. I think there is some sort of CDDB database cached on my PC because Music Match doesn't alway display "accessing CDDB" and maybe Easy CD Creator just writes to it.

I just get the feeling that Nero and Easy CD Creator write CD-Text in a different manner. When I open a CD-R in Nero that was actually burned in Nero, I just get the songs listed as "Track 1" and so on and not the actual track name. Seems odd that Easy CD Creator sees the CD-Text that Nero encoded but Nero can't see it.

I'm confused...