Cd/Sacd changer question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by WarrenCo, Sep 11, 2002.

1. WarrenCo

WarrenCo Agent

Is it harmful to leave my new sony 555 changer on at all times? What about on pause for long periods of time?

My RDC-7 pre does not have any switched inputs (or any for that matter) so my 555 does not turn on when I turn on my system. There is way to turn the unit on from the remote. Anybody know if there is a discreet code for the Pronto?

I appreciate any insight you could give.

Thanx

Warren

2. Rob Rodier

Rob Rodier Supporting Actor

leaving it on is ok, but on pause is not good.

-rob

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Warren, as Rob said, you can leave the 'C555ES turned on, but I would not leave it in pause mode for extended periods of time.

4. WarrenCo

WarrenCo Agent

Thanx guys. Thats what my instinct told me, but thought it best to ask. I am guessing while in pause mode the cd is actually spinning and eventually the motor will wear out?

Warren

5. David Berry

David Berry Stunt Coordinator

Although I do not leave the C555ES player on pause for an unreasonable amount of time, does anyone know what is happening inside the unit that might be causing harm?

6. AaronD

AaronD Stunt Coordinator

David,

I would think that it would be the mechanical wear and tear, when you pause a CD it usually stays spinning in the drive mechanism.

If you forget once in a while it's not going to ruin your player, but if you continually do this it will affect the life time. Since it's an ES player you're well protected by that five year warranty anyway..