What's new

CD-RW mp3's (1 Viewer)

ozric_smith

Agent
Do the CD-RW disk lose any reproduction properties after a few clears and reburns with MP3? I would just like some feed back on this.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I doubt it.. its in digital information, 0 or 1.. rewriting a CDRW a number of times wouldn't degrade the audio at all... Bits are Bits... Itll either sound exactly the seame, or not work at all... or just skip and stuff, but it wont degrade.

Joe McKeown

Stunt Coordinator
The CD-RW itself cannot be rewritten forever. They do "wear out" for lack of a better term. The problem though is that a burn that didn't work my still be "playable"

I'm not sure if you are referring to normal cd's burned from mp3's or a cd filled with mp3's. in the first case, I've had disks that play and then get BAD chirping mid track. In the second case I've had disk where the MP3 player just cuts-out or moves on to the next track, or gets into a loop.

Either way, if you're not sure of the disk, run a verify pass, and no problem...

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks