1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

CD-RW mp3's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ozric_smith, Mar 9, 2002.

1. ozric_smith

ozric_smith Agent

Do the CD-RW disk lose any reproduction properties after a few clears and reburns with MP3? I would just like some feed back on this.

2. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I doubt it.. its in digital information, 0 or 1.. rewriting a CDRW a number of times wouldn't degrade the audio at all... Bits are Bits... Itll either sound exactly the seame, or not work at all... or just skip and stuff, but it wont degrade.

3. Joe McKeown

Joe McKeown Stunt Coordinator

The CD-RW itself cannot be rewritten forever. They do "wear out" for lack of a better term. The problem though is that a burn that didn't work my still be "playable"

I'm not sure if you are referring to normal cd's burned from mp3's or a cd filled with mp3's. in the first case, I've had disks that play and then get BAD chirping mid track. In the second case I've had disk where the MP3 player just cuts-out or moves on to the next track, or gets into a loop.

Either way, if you're not sure of the disk, run a verify pass, and no problem...

Joe

4. ozric_smith

ozric_smith Agent

I was just thinking these things must ware out at some point. I have not had any trouble yet.