What's new

CD-R and XP (1 Viewer)

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
Hello. I'm trying to burn a bunch of pictures I obtained on my computer to a CD. It's a long story, but in short, I have a bunch of 300 kb pictures stored on my computer which I want on a CD. Only problem is, my CD R drive is in a different computer. Simplest solution? Surely it's to just transplant the CD-R into my computer with the pictures and burn them. I could transplant the hard drive and set it up as slave, but then I wonder about the risk of triggering the product activation thing. So anyways, I performed the CD-R transplant, and lo and behold, the dang thing won't work. I get to the point where I'm about to burn the files directly to the CD, but then it says the CD in my CD-R drive is either full or not burnable. I know it's empty of data, and for sure it's a CD-R disc I put in there. I tried a different disc from a different brand, same thing. What gives? I'll try the other route tomorrow, but any idea why I can't burn?

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
The last time I ran into CDR full when it was not was for some reason the burning software was not working right with the drive, never did figure out why, but used another package (may not be an option for you) and it was fine.

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator
I've had this problem when trying to burn with the built-in XP software, but it worked fine without even rebooting when I tried Nero. Also, the simplest solution would be to set yourself up a cheap home network, then share the folder the pictures are in. If you don't want to share a cable/dsl connection, you can set it up for about $20.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Yeah, if both computers have NICs (likely if they are newer) all you need is a crossover cable to network them together. We're talking about less than $10 there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks