What's new

CD Profiler (1 Viewer)

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Hey all,
Is there any kind of CD profiler, cataloguer program I could download and add my collection of Cds to? I want to make a list of every song I have but I really don't want it do it one by one, I have over 200 CDs.
Thanks for any help.
------------------
"Uh-oh."
"Don't tell me, we're about to go over a huge waterfall?"
"Yep."
"Sharp rocks at the bottom?"
"Most likely."
"....Bring it on."
My DVD List
Home Theater Site

John Torrez

Second Unit
I checkd out that collectorz program and it says that you have to put all your cds into your computer one by one to put it in the database. I have almost 200 cd's and I'm not gonna waste my time doing that. Right now I am using www.cd-tracker.com and it works just fine.

CalvinC

Stunt Coordinator
I should note that on CD Trustee you insert each disc one by one into the cd rom, where it takes about 10 seconds to read the serial number on the cd and record this to your database. You then can look up the cd info on the CDDB site at your leasure. For instance if you have two hundred cd's you can wait until you have the serial numbers of all two hundred cd's read before you look up the cd info on the CDDB site. Not very time consuming. I have 600 cd's and it wasn't that bad. This also allows you to create custom print out reports. I doubt if it can get any easier to use.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I checkd out that collectorz program and it says that you have to put all your cds into your computer one by one to put it in the database. I have almost 200 cd's and I'm not gonna waste my time doing that.
When you find an app that either
A. Reads your CD list telepathically from your mind
B. can read a scanned photograph and generate a list from there
let me know, because I'd like to try it.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Are there any that work with UPCs yet? I think scanning that with my CueCat would be quicker than loading each CD, which I'd have to remove from my changer first.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Is there anyone that could be built scanning UPCs?
Sorry, but these things need some database of known CDs to be able to do anything useful. Two such databases already exist, CDDB and FreeDB, but neither of those has the UPC in; only the CRC info that is read from the disc itself. So either they use that, which is what they all do, or they would have to start a brand new database, which no-one has faced up to doing yet.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Another vote for Music Collector. A great piece of software. It also works in conjunction with Quinticential CD, which is nice.

As for the entering of CDs in, I don't find it that much more of a pain than DVD Profiler, and basically you do it once anyways, so who really cares if it is "easier" the other way. To be honest, I don't have a CueCat, so scanning isn't an option.

Also, I'd rather support a generic database, rather than a proprietary one. It gives me some options where to use this data.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks