cd players

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by joe rizzuto, Oct 9, 2002.

1. joe rizzuto

joe rizzuto Stunt Coordinator

i just bought a pioneer 25 cd changer from e-bay for a second set up in my living room. i already have a pioneer 100 cd changer in my main listening room. the e-bay experience was pretty good and the deal i got was very good also.
    but...now i'm thinking that i would like to try for a single cd player for a possible better sound (listening experience). this would be e-bay also.
    ok, the question...what would you suggest for a good, probably older cd player?

2. joe rizzuto

:b

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Joe, what is your budget? If you can spend $300-400, I suggest you try to track down a used Pioneer Elite PD-65. It was discontinued a couple of years ago, but it's a great player at that price. Besides eBay, check www.audiogon.com and related sites.

4. joe rizzuto

nothing set in stone. i think i'm a bit too hooked on e-bay and getting a 'deal'. i think i got a good deal on the pioneer and now i'm thinking about something 'better'. my assumption is that a single play would be 'better' than a changer.

5. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

I hear great things about the Cambridge Audio model 500. I went to Ebay and there are 2 up for auction right now. If you could snatch one of them for $300 or less, it might really be a steal, especially if they're new. Note: Cambridge Audio is a different company than the more familiar Cambridge Sound Works.

6. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor