What's new

CD Players Not Reading CD's (1 Viewer)

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
My sister's Aiwa mini system's cd player quit reading discs. I had a Yamaha player do the same thing back in the late 80's and a Pioneer do it in the early 90's. Neither player was very old at the time but both were out of warranty as is my sister's.

My question is: Has anyone here had their cd players repaired to correct this problem? What is the culprit? Is it worth the money or just buy a new one?

Mark Hedges

Second Unit
Pretty much all Aiwa minisystems that use the 3 disc changer fail. There was a class action lawsuit about this that I tried to get in on but they never sent me claim papers. Bastard Lawyers!!!

Anyway I had the NSX-3000 which is kind of an old model but when I brought it in for an estimate it was like $150 to fix so I figured it wasn't worth it.

Mark

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
couldn't hurt much to open it up and clean the laser lens with a q tip. worked for my denon cd player.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
I fixed a CD player by playing a Maxell lens cleaning disc. It was just some dust on the lens, apparently.

Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks