What's new

cd player question (1 Viewer)

Matt Weldy

Second Unit
Will a normal 5 disc cd player output pcm and analog at the same time. What I am doing is feeding my theater room and my whole house audio but want to be able to listen whole house and in the theater room at the same time. I used the record out but then I couldnt watch tv and have the cd player going at the same time.

Thanks for you help

or is there some kind of analog splitter. I am looking for an inexpensive way to do this.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
You could easily split a RCA analog signal, just look for one at Radio Shack.

I guess outputting digital and analog at the same time would depend on the make/model.
Seems like it would work to me .. why not just try it? Doesn't seem to hard to set up. Give it a whirl, see what you get.

Matt Weldy

Second Unit
what is the splitter called at radio shack? I have been all over there website and all I can find that is close is a line level type splitter. But by the time I pay 44 dollars for it and then three sets of audio cables I might as well just but another toslink.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Um, you should be able to get a passive 'Y' adapter. Should have two RCA female, one RCA male on it. Sometimes they're solid little things; sometimes it's a plug with a pair of short cables to the jacks.

On the other hand, all of the CD players I've played with that had both PCM and analog outs operated both outputs at the same time, which is the preferred way to go - splitting signals can sometimes come back to bite you.

Leo Kerr
[email protected]

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Here ya go, Matt. They’re also called “y adapters.” Radio Shack will probably have some more expensive ones with gold ends, if that interests you.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Jeff D.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Of course it depends on the player, but any CD player I've come across outputs both digital and analog signals, so that would be the best bet and would yield better results than would a splitter.

Jeff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks