CD New Release/Sale thread posted today!

Discussion in 'Music' started by EricSchulz, Mar 7, 2004.

1. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

I have decided to undertake a CD version of the DVD New Release/Sale Roundup in the Coupons and Bargains section. Every week I will do a comparison of the new releases between Amazon, Best Buy, Circuit City and Target.
    I will also list sale prices from the circulars, since online prices differ. Included will also be any deals or bonus offers available. Hope everyone will find it useful and leave suggestions or comments to make it better!

2. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

Sounds like a bear. Will you be including non-mainstream (i.e., non-Target) releases in categories like indie rock, jazz, folk, classical, etc.? And I hesitate to even mention the 800 pound gorilla in the room, but what about hi-rez releases?

My point is that what you're proposing to do is very different (and, I think, much more difficult) than the New DVD Roundup.

Good luck, soldier!

3. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

Eric, that's an absolutely wonderful idea....but I share concerns with Angelo concerning the sheer volume of new album releases.

Just a hi-rez release thread would be nice [​IMG]

4. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

Thanks for all the great response on this thread! Here are a few things in regards to all the feedback so far:

When I checked Amazon's New Release listing for 3/9, it listed an unbelievable 1900+ titles!!! I guess those claims of 30,000+ CD releases each year is pretty accurate! Obviously, I don't have the time or ambition to get that in-depth. This was a pretty slow (and weak) week for major new releases. I am thinking about expanding the listing to include more online retailers. I shop all three B&M stores that I list, so I will add in-store (unadvertised) sales when I can. I think for now the scope will pretty much be major releases and advertised specials (like this first post was) until I work out all the bugs. I think adding Hi-Res will be the first priority since the HTF members would more likely to have an interest in it than say, indie releases or classical.
    Like I said, this was my first week doing this and it's going to be a learning process. I appreciate everyone's feedback; I want this to be useful for YOU, not for me!