1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

CD megachangers with TRACK naming

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vince Chan, Dec 7, 2001.

1. Vince Chan

Vince Chan Stunt Coordinator

Can anyone suggest a CD magachanger (200+ capacity) that allows for track naming? (I don't mean CD-text) I know many allow for CD title naming but only one so far that allows manual entry of track titles.

Yes, I know its tedious to enter all the tracks but I want to do away with having the cd jewelboxes and booklets around my cluttered HT.

2. GregAH

GregAH Auditioning

Have you looked at the Kenwood Sovereign (400 cd changer) with the Entre music manager. Expensive but cool.

3. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

The newere Sony ES model do I think...at least they have dual display for title and track.

4. Vince Chan

No those ES models have displays for CD title and artist, but no provisions for track naming unless it's cd-text.. :-(

5. Jim_F

Jim_F Screenwriter

Not sure, but the ES unit in combination with a Slink-E might work.

6. Sean P

Sean P Agent

Mine does-its a Sony CDP-CX300. It has a keyboard input on the front that I plugged my keyboard in and had a friend type the names of artist and cd info as I could fit it in. It has a 12 or so character limit per cd though. I would guess that any Multi-disc cd changer with a keyboard input on the front would probably support the same feature.

Sean P

7. JackJD

JackJD Stunt Coordinator

Ubid is selling Pioneer PDF-1009... 301 disc, digital out, keyboard input,etc. Right now(12:30 e.s.t.)they're going for $79.00... quite a deal !! Cheers -JD

8. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Vince, I've heard it said that Pioneer megachangers allow you to enter song titles as well as disc titles. Look into the PD-F1039 and Elite PD-F27 301-disc models.

I have two Sony CDP-CX333ES 300-disc megachangers daisy-chained, and they definitely don't allow you to enter song titles. However, I am in the process of copying all the CDs in these players onto CD-Rs, complete with CD-TEXT, to address this issue. Doing so, will not only allow me to easily identify any song playing in the megachangers, but will also give me a very good collection of CD-Rs for the car. It will also leave my pre-recorded CDs in the jewel cases for convenient access when I want to do critical listening with my better players.

9. Vince Chan

Keith,
    That's a good idea, copying your cds and putting cd-text on them. I never thought of that.
    The Pioneers unfortunately, don't let you manually enter tracks for non cd-text discs. The only ones I know of are the Kenwood line of CD megachangers, unfortunately they only have a 200 disc capacity
    Surely Kenwood can't be the only brand that makes megachangers with manual track naming! [​IMG]
    -Vince