What's new

CD/DVD Players (1 Viewer)

Stephen Houdek

Second Unit
Real Name
S
JVC DVD players are a great bargain if thats what you're looking for......I have the XV-SA70BK and really like it a lot. I pretty much leave it in smart mode and all is well with my WSRPTV.

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
James,

Any particular features you need/wish? What kind of video display are you using (and is it HDTV-compatible)? Do you wish multi-disc capability? And finally, can we get a rough sense of your budget?

Mike,

Well I don't want anything EXPENSIVE, just something reasonable. Not really looking for a ton of features, just something that's nice and plays CD/DVDs. HDTV is very expensive right? If so then I don't need something compatable.

Thanks for the replys,

James M.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Personally, I say stick with Sony or Panasonic. Some of the 2nd gen Pannys had problems, but the rest are very good, and the Sonys had something similar with one generation, but the current ones are quite good. I have 2 Sonys and one 1st gen Panny, all doing just fine.

BTW, there is an Audio/Video sources forum for this type of question.

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Hi James,
Well I don't want anything EXPENSIVE, just something reasonable.
:) "EXPENSIVE" varies considerably from person to person--that's why the budget question. Assuming you're looking for something sub-$500, JVC/Sony/Panasonic all have some nice models (as posted above). You can find a lot of discussion of specific models and features/tradeoffs in the Audio/Video Sources forum here at HTF (just list the past 100 days worth of threads and open the links that look interesting) or at AVS in their DVD and LD Hardware Forum.
The question about "HDTV-compatible" (and to list your video display) was to determine if you would likely have any use from a "Progressive Scan" capability in the player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks