CD/DVD Player Question-Please Help!

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Ruben A, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Ruben A

Ruben A Extra

Please help me understand the following. I have a new Denon 3806 I use with a Pioneer Elite 45 A DVD/CD player for movie watching using a 5.1 speaker set up. I want to use the same DVD player to feed a signal to a vintage pre amp for 2 channel music listening (pre amp connected to 2 other speakers dedicated for music)also(the pre amp feeds 2 amps). My question is this; the DVD player is connected to the Denon via optical toslink. I also connected the DVD player to the vintage pre amp through the RCA "out" in the DVD for left front/right front. When I play the DVD player I do not get any sound. Is it the case that if I want to use the same DVD player in this set up I have to constantly go into the DVD player's set-up menu and change the signal from digital to analog in order for the old pre amp to recognize the signal?.
    Sorry for the long question.

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

I don't know this player, if it only lets you choose one output, that would seem to be the case.

Can't you run SPDIF to the Denon, and then utilize pre-outs from that to your integrated amplifier? This may be superior audio DAC than in the DVD player anwyay.