What's new

CD/DVD changers (1 Viewer)

TonyTran

Auditioning
Currently in the market for a 5 disc dvd changer and would like to match it with my Denon 3802 reveiver. Was wondering if anybody has any experience with Denon cd/dvd changers. Also - anybody have any feedback on Sony ones?

thanks

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Tony, what is your budget? If you can spend $1000 or so, the Denon DVM-4800 is a very nice component. It offers progressive-scan output and DVD-Audio playback. See www.crutchfield.com for more information. I have not used the lesser expensive '1800.
Sony DVD changers are considerably less expensive than the Denon '4800 and are not as good on the audio side. However, the Sony DVD changers are quite good for the money. I have a two-year-old Sony DVD carousel changer and am very happy with it.
Aside from budget, are there any particular features you are looking? SACD? DVD-Audio? Progressive-scan output? A carousel changer? A megachanger?

TonyTran

Auditioning
Keith,

Thanks for your feedback. Totally forgot about budget but like to keep it $500 and under.
Im looking for a 5 disc carousel with progressive scan.

thanks again

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Tony, the Denon DVM-1800 would fit your budget, but I know it was recently discontinued. Crutchfield no longer has it on its web site, but perhaps you can still find it at a local dealer. Denon has not yet replaced the '1800. The more expensive '4800 is the only carousel changer from Denon currently in production.

A Sony progressive-scan carousel changer will come in well under your budget. Actually, the only such model available is the Sony DVP-NC655P, which Crutchfield has for $230. It is available in black or silver. Oade Bros. (1-229-228-0093 or 1-229-228-4480), J&R Music World (1-800-221-8180), and OneCall (1-800-340-4770) probably have the 'NC655P cheaper than Crutchfield. Note that all four dealers are authorized Sony dealers.

You might also consider the Panasonic DVD-CP72 and Kenwood DV-6050. The '6050 is not out yet, but Crutchfield has some information on it posted on its web site. Both changers offer progressive-scan output and DVD-Audio playback and are well within you budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks