cd changer recomendation? please help...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Zack_b, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Zack_b

Zack_b Extra

hello all,

i am looking into getting a new cd changer and have shopped around and i think this is what i want but not sure...any ideas and comments are appreciated. i am considering getting the onkyo DX-C380, the HK FL8380, or the dennon DCM 370. any other suggestions? also what about instead paying a little more and getting a dvd/cd changer? a good idea or no? thanks for all the help guys.

zack

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Zack, search this site, as the subject of CD changers has come up quite a bit lately. Of the three carousel changers you listed, I would go with the Denon DCM-370. I have one as a secondary player, and it is good for the money. However, there are other quality CD changers to consider in the general price range, including the Sony CDP-CA70ES, Sony CDP-CA80ES (discontinued, but you may still find one), NAD 523, and Marantz CC4000OSE. All are worthy contenders.

Regarding DVD/CD changers, unless you are willing to spend much more than your presumed budget for a changer, I would not get a DVD changer. Generally speaking, DVD players are not as good with CDs as comparably priced CD players. Unless you are willing to spend $1100 or so for something like the Denon DVM-4800, I would not get a DVD changer.