What's new

CD Cataloging Software? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
I was wondering if anyone knew of any CD Cataloging software for Windows or Mac. (Preferably Mac)

I'd like a package that you can scan or type in a UPC and have the details added over the internet. Wishful thinking but DVD Profiler does something like that...

It should be possible with the CDDB's. Wish I knew the details on public queries on the servers...

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I use Music Collector from www.collectorz.com but they don't have a Mac version and don't plan on releasing one.
I've literally tried just about every music cataloging app out there and Music Collector was the only one I really liked, and one of the few pieces of shareware I've ever registered.

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor
I'm trying out Music Collector at the moment. Very impressive so far. One bug so far in the filter/search facility but this is going to be fixed with the next build.

They make a movie collector software and MP3 collector sofware too, with a Book Collector in the pipeline. One thing I've been impressed with so far is their very good support forums - the guys who write the software reply to nearly all of the posts and genuinely seem very helpful with fixing problems.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I don't use their movie cataloging software right now. They are supposed to making some large functional changes to it, to make it more intuitive for people who own alot of titles. DVDs are so varied in their presentation, number of discs per movie, number of movies per package, etc. that it's hard to create a database structure that will work for every release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks