CD cataloging software?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Drew Dockery, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Drew Dockery

Drew Dockery Stunt Coordinator

I currently use DVDProfiler to catalog my DVDs and I love it. I'm looking for something similar for CDs. I plan to purchase either an Audiotron or SliMP3 soon, and will be putting all my CDs away in storage. I would like to generate a report with CD covers to put in a binder to display my collection. Is there anything out there that can do this for me?

2. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

3. Juan Castillo

Juan Castillo Second Unit

Try Advanced Disk Catalog shareware. Buy if you like it.

4. Drew Dockery

5. Michael Davies

hey guys

have a look at 'music library' from wensoft, it appears to do all you want.

Its not freeware but it does have a 30day trial which gives you pleanty of time to evaluate it.

Ive been using it on and off (have lost it a few times due to crashes, ps. ITS NOT causing the crash)

hope this helps

Michael

6. Darren Lewis

Darren Lewis Supporting Actor

Music Collector from collectorz.com seems to be one of the best having looked at a few. They've released a new version which makes it easier to export your collection to HTML too.

7. Drew Dockery

Maybe I'm just missing the option, but I've tried quite a few of these now, and I still can't seem to find a way to generate a report with CD covers. Am I just blind, or will these not do that?

8. Steve Owen

Steve Owen Second Unit

I use "Where Is It?". Stick in a CD and it catlogs the contents. It picks up ID tags on various types of files and stores that info appropriatly. It's $40, but absolutely worth it if you have a big collection of CDs. I looked all over the place for a cheaper solution, but this one does exactly what I wanted it to do.

-Steve

9. Drew Dockery

I use WhereIsIt as well, and it is GREAT to catalog my data CDs, but it won't help for this. The end result I want is an easily generated report that will list album cover, artist, album title, year, and possibly a track listing. This report would then replace the bookshelf of CDs I currently have.

10. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i also picked up music collector. like greg, it's the only time i've paid for shareware...i like it that much.

11. ErikF

ErikF Auditioning

I use CATraxx. It's been around for awhile and is incredibly flexible. I've tried most of the ones previously mentioned; Music Collector, Music Library, OrangeCD, etc, and found CATraxx to be the best. It's shareware but well worth the money. Also, it definitely has a report with CD covers.

--Erik