What's new

CD Burner problem on PC - not letting me burn a second song (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I just bought a brand new computer recently with a CD burner.
After I burn one song on a CD-R, it won't let me burn a second song - saying that there "isn't enough space on the disk to record."
I've tried several discs, even different brands and nothing changes. I am using the Easy CD Creator 5.0 by Roxio. I checked the "help" section of the program, but it was no help.
If you have encountered this problem or have a suggestion, I would appreciate. I hope there isn't anything wrong with my burner. :frowning:

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Dave,

We might need a bit more info from you before anyone can really get to what may or may not be going on here.

For instance, the EXACT error message (i.e., the disk that's full--is it the CDR blank or your hard disk?)

Also, are you recording one song, then later trying to record a second song? Or recording both songs in one burn?

You might wish to poke around the web looking for sites that deal with burning music/audio CDs. There are some very definite do's and don'ts.

BTW, you should probably be burning in DAO (Disk-at-Once) mode, and should opt to "Close the CD".

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
If you're using CDRs (write once), make sure that you have your ENTIRE song list ready before you try to burn your disk. If not, you're just going to be making coasters with one song on them. You may find it easier to 'create disk image' and then burn your CD. This copies all of the songs directly to your HD and then copies them to your CD. Tends to be much more reliable, especially when using scratched source media or higher speed drives.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
You may find it easier to 'create disk image' and then burn your CD. This copies all of the songs directly to your HD and then copies them to your CD.
Another option is to use the "session at once" option within Easy CD Creator when you burn the disc. This will also copy all the songs from the various CD's to your hard drive before burning. I found that using the "track at a time" (or whatever it's called in version 4) option would cause problems when playing back the CD's in my car -- the CD player would not advance to the next track automatically all the time.

Hank_P

Second Unit
After you record your first song, does it "close" or "Finalize" the CD? If you finalize the CD after you record the first song.. you can no longer add any more songs to the CD-R.

Chris-C

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody still following this?

I've got the same problem,and can't find "session at once" or "create disk image" in the Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 software.

Philips shipped the wrong software with this unit,and they've finally sent the right software that comunicates properly,but it looks like a real "basic" software item-hoping you'll upgrade to a more expensive version that does it all.

I'm sure I can do what I want to do,as I was foolin with recently,and some of what I needed happened,but i'm back at square one now-cause I didn't write down what I did,and there help menu is lousy.

All I want to use it for is compiling hits cuts onto a CDR or CDRW.

Where would I find "session at once" or "create disc image"?

I checked the tool bars.

Thanks

CC

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
I've never been very happy with Adaptec's/Roxio's products for burning music. There are other solutions out there that tend to work better (and easier), IMHO.
The one I'm currently using is "Feurio!". It's available for a free download (full-featured) at the Feurio! Website
Maybe some others can chime in with what software they've found easiest for burning audio CDs. . .

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I have version 4 of Easy CD Creator (it has the Adaptec name instead of Roxio). It came with the PC I purchased, and works fine for my basic uses. I only use the burner to create compilation CD-R's from multiple CD's in my collection. The "session at once" option should be on the window that pops up once you select the option to actually create the CD (after creating your track list). This is the same window where you select the burning speed (1x, 2x, 8x, etc.). You can also set this as the default setting from an options menu.

Chris-C

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Mark and Scott!

I checked Feurio's site,and don't see my External Philips listed (PCRW 464 MK2 or PCRW 464 K47) looks like i've got 2 model numbers on this thang!!!!

Probably why it was so cheap! (major conficts).

I will contact Feurio (if I can) to see if it's still workable.

Wanted to do some basic labeling too,but the Roxio won't allow that without an upgrade (cheap bastards).

I'm on the case today (friday),and hopefully will figure this thang out with your great help.

CC Rider

Chris-C

Stunt Coordinator
I meant "Mike" and Scott sorry! Don't know where I got Mark from (it's early for me).

Anyway MIKE I just downloaded Feurio,and it keeps asking for a licensing code or something? to properly register.

I put in my name and address,but that doesn't seem to be sufficient? It still gets to the program,this registration boxes keep appearing every time I reopen the program?

It may work with my CD Burner,but haven't gotten that far yet.

Does Feurio want me to buy this download? I thoght it was free.

Help!!!!!

CC

Chris-C

Stunt Coordinator
Well:frowning:(((
Tried Feurio,and it looks like a No Go item.
Won't recognize my Philips CD Burner-Again probably why it was cheap! I uninstalled the Feurio program,and am
back to working on the Low Budget Roxio software,that doesn't allow labeling,and possibly compilations!!!
Hopefully I can get the compliation thang working again.
I was able to copy a CD to a CDR,but that was a straight shot(all tracks/no editing).
Will try to get the editing thing going (it's probably me).
CC

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Chris,

Sorry to lead you in the wrong direction. The version of Feurio I downloaded from that site (admittedly, several months ago) shows up (when I run it) as an "Unregistered Trial Version", and it is full-featured (including the ability to generate labels). A box offering registration or "Continue Testing" does show up everytime I've run the software. Haven't seen any indication of it having problems because of "being cheap"--I've actually seen the package used on quite a variety of systems and have never seen a problem (other than users adapting to the interface metaphor--it's a bit different than the Easy CD Creator many are used to).

I'm not familiar with your Phillips burner--is it a new model? Sometimes burner software is a couple months behind on adding support for new burners.

Given the Feurio doesn't work for you, you still might want to try some quick web searches to find other software that might be easier to use or more fully-featured (labels). There are a lot of packages out there.

Chris-C

Stunt Coordinator
Finally got the Low Budget Roxio software workin!

Had help from younger friends.

Now I can compile,or burn directly. Would be nice if I could create labels too,but at least I can record the way I want-YYYYEEEAAAAAA!!!!

Thanks for your help.

CC Rider

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks