What's new

CD Baby (1 Viewer)

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
I don't know if this has been talked about before. cdbaby.com is an awsome source to listen to and buy CDs from unsigned artists. I just got turned on to this by a friend and it's like a new addiction. Great musicians that the know it alls at clear channel don't want to play.

TedE

Stunt Coordinator
CAUTION: CD Baby is crack for independent music lovers. I had to slowly wean myself off of it, and I still fall off the wagon once or twice a month.

The "Other music you might like" suggestions are uncannily accurate.

Long term exposure will result in inflated credit card balances, weeks-long backlogs of new music to listen to, and increased mid-week hangovers when your new favorite bands come to town for a show.

And like any successful narcotics distributor they send you freebie compilations of a hundreds of songs that you may not have ever stumbled acrooss. This only fuels the addiction further.

You have been forewarned ... :D

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
You have been forewarned ...
Thanks for the warning but it's too late. As soon as the Xmass ban on me buying stuff is over I'm giving all of my money to cd baby:D . A quote from my friend " uh, you're into indie music and unsigned bands right? You should check out cdbaby.com" My good friend is now in the witness protection program since my wife has put a large price on his head.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Ive got a question for indie music listeners..

how do you know whats gonna be good and whats not? There are so many indie bands out there, do you just randomly pick one from a genre and hope its good?

TedE

Stunt Coordinator
NickSo -

That's why CDBaby rocks. For pretty much every band there are "Other CDs you may like" links to other bands on CDBaby. I've gotten lost for literally HOURS clicking from band to band listening to clips, backtracking when I got too far from my personal tastes and trying another path. They also have a great feature where you can type in the name of a more well-known band and it'll give you suggestions for some indie artists hosted on CDBaby.

Dammit, now that you all got me thinking about this site, I went on and got myself lost again ;)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Plus, after your first order, they ship a free CD with each additional order. I've only ordered from them once, but I plan on doing it again soon.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Ah, after surfing around there for a bit, im getting the hang of it, its pretty cool. Some new tunes... i just wished the songs werent limited to 2 minutes...

Chat C

Agent
My friend's band (Jetliner)just put out out their first CD and is selling it through CDBABY. I ordered it and was amazed at the great service that sight offers-not to mention the hilarious email confirmation they sent. I look forward to browsing their site more in depth in the future, and discovering other great independent artists that MTV hasn't bastardized yet, although by the sounds of it I may need a 12 step program to go with it.

Ken Holmes

Stunt Coordinator
Yes cool place. Check out the group "Slave To The System". Cool album with members of Brother Cane and Queensryche.

TomCW

Second Unit
While you're over there, check these out!

Erica Smith - Friend or Foe
Jan Smith - Tin Heart
Rebecca Hall - Sunday Afternoon
Martha's Trouble - Still (SA-CD)

Tom

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
...go ahead, order. I betcha can't just order once.:crazy:

I've got two cool samplers so far. One of jazz and another of instrumental rock. :) :emoji_thumbsup:

george king

Supporting Actor
CDBaby is great, as my credit card will attest to. I've had the Martha's Trouble SACD, and most of their other stuff for awhile. Great band.

It is good to see a site like this thrive.

TomCW

Second Unit
My wife took me to Busted Buy last night to have me pick out some music as a present to myself. After an hour of looking in vain for something on my wish list, we left in disgust and I placed yet another CD Baby order. With a little luck, the postman will even get 'em here from Portland (OR) by Christmas.

One of the samplers I got is, well, not a sampler. It's a full CD from Holly Figueroa. Quite good too!

CD Baby Loves Tom... and Tom Loves CD Baby. :)

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks