What's new

CCF Files for Pronto compatible (1 Viewer)

Henry Colonna

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

frustrated with CCF files I found on Remotecentral. They don't have any for my Toshiba 61H71, Panny CP72 or Pioneer VSX-811S. I travel a lot and am not really thrilled about giving up 6 or so hours of my weekend time to learn Prontoedit.

I say pronto compatible because I intend to purchase Total remote for my Pocket PC.

Jamey F

Stunt Coordinator
There are some codes posted there for either the cp72 or denon 1600 which should use alot of the same codes. Do a search on the remotecentral forum.

As far as taking up time...welcome to the club. If you only spend 6 hours, consider that fast. No one said this hobby only takes minutes a day. I've (and I'm sure most) have spent countless hours with their pronto remotes (I have a neo...even more time IMO). I've spent 6+ hours on mine this weekend, and this was upgrading my DVD and receiver only. I already had all the pages done for my TV and Cable box. I'm about half done now. I Consider it a work in progress. I always keep going back to make more tweaks.

Christopher Lyn

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, to learn to use ProntoEdit is easy, it's the setting up of your panels the way you like it that takes time.

If you just want a simple interface with no graphics or hidden pages or any of the "advanced features" that some people place into their Pronto, it's quite quick and easy.

Jamey F

Stunt Coordinator
If you're not going to setup the extras, why get an onscreen display remote? There are better remotes (IMO) out there if you don't want graphics abilities of a pronto style remote, but I say that only because I like hard buttons more than a touch screen. It's just I like to be able to customize/computerize the screen more than having tons of hard buttons. The coolness of all the graphics/macros/hidden pages/screen jumps/etc. outweights the time spent on it.

I do agree though it is easy to setup the remote once the learning curve is overcome. I can make significant changes in only a few minutes. However on the Pronto Neo, Phillips didn't build in abilities in their software that I consider needed, so neohack is used to fill the gap. This requires a little steeper learning curve and adds much needless agrivation and time by having to deal with two programs instead of one.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Other than the Disc change controls and a couple other buttons, the CP72 I picked up last week works with my 5 year old DVD-A100 remote. Maybe you can import those and then just add the missing codes.

But I did see CP72 codes on the site. Try searching for "CP72", not "CP-72". The actual product number is the DVD-CP72.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I custom program pronto's as a side biz and it takes more way longer then 6 hours to do a professional job (all said and done):) These devices only begin to shine when you put the effort into makeing them do what you need not what someone else has done which usually means tweaking them to suit your gear (thinking mainly macros here)(ask Ron Epstein I did his)
Don't worry to much about device model numbers...for the most part a DVD player from Panasonic will provide you all the codes you need regardless of the model number...sure there may be a button here or there missing but simply learn those ones in if need be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks