CC slipping from stand--alternative to Blue Tack?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ari, Oct 17, 2001.

1. Ari

Ari Stunt Coordinator

I recently received a center speaker stand I had custom-made. It slopes 1" from front to back and I'm having trouble keeping my CC from slipping. I've used the Blue Tack supplied with my CC but the speaker still keeps on gradually sliding away (after several hours).
    I've used quite a bit of Blue Tack so I'm afraid I'll have to start looking at other types of adhesive. Anything you guys suggest??

2. Rich G

Rich G Stunt Coordinator

How about a small wood screw from the bottom. Anchored apeakers are suposed to sound better anyway??????????
    ------------------
    Rich G.

3. Will Gibbons

Will Gibbons Agent

I have used a product similar to Blue Tack. I found it needs some amount of set-up time after adhesion. If possible try replacing the adhesive again, but you don't need a heavy amount. You may find less actually works better for you. See if you can brace the speaker or position the stand so the speaker is not tilted during a set-up period. I waited several hours. I also used a computer mouse pad that I cut to size I wanted. The bottom of the mouse pad is very slip resistant. I then put the adhesive on the top part of the pad and the speaker. I think the slight amount of grain was favorable for the adhesive having better grip to the surface.
    Good luck,
    Will

4. Max Knight

Max Knight Supporting Actor

You could try picking up some of that foam mesh stuff that people lay down on shelves to protect their china. It's dirt cheap, and very very non-skid. I bet if you put a piece of that under your speaker your problems would be solved.
    -Max

5. Matt Heebner

Matt Heebner Stunt Coordinator

How about a couple of velcro circles? They are sold in packs, with the circles being about the diameter of a dime. The stick to the shelf and the speaker, and velcro can easily hold quite a bit of weight.
    They can peel off if you decide to change it in the future, without leaving behind any noticeable residue.
    Matt
    ------------------
    ....Eat, Drink, and Be Merry, For Tomorrow We Die....--DMB

6. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Although I may add more forward slope to my center channel speaker, my JVC TV already slopes down. I use velcro strips to hold the speaker in place and it works great.

7. Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent Screenwriter

Max K. is right, Home Depot sells the stuff you want. I use it to keep my center speaker from moving. I believe it is called grabber shelf liner.