What's new

CC buy one get one free HD DVD (deal is dead) (1 Viewer)

Steven Gebs

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up Transformers and Knocked up for $15 each! What an awesome deal!

Ooops, I just started another thread without seeing yours. Apologies.

I bought both movies in the Burlington Mass Curcuit City around noon. I think this is a glitch in their computer system. When the girl was ringing in my order a Blu Ray promotion code sprang up on her screen. She went ahead and applied it to my HD-DVD's! If that isn't a glitch, I don't know what is!

The movies have to be $30 or less though! Give this a try and soon! I don't think this will last long! This is the best HD-DVD deal ever! I honestly think if they do this type of deal with HD-DVD it could be great for the product.

john harshman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
john
the cc in my area has a small selection no Knocked Up, Evan Almighty or Next
but oh well i still found 6 movies i wanted

i thought about picking up 2 copies of Heroes season 1 just to put on ebay but to much hassle

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Wish there was a CC close to me as I would've been all over this deal. :frowning:

Steven Gebs

Stunt Coordinator
Best. Deal. Ever.

This won't work on Heroes. The discs have to be $30 or less bro.

Transformers today for $15 on HD-DVD. How can you beat that deal? Totally Awesome. This just made my year!

I hope this deal comes out in the Holidays again for HD-DVD. This would be awesome!

MattFini

Supporting Actor
This deal was almost too good to be true. And it came along just after I swore off buying DVDs for a while.

It works for Blu Rays as well. I would've picked up Transformers, but it's already on the way via Amazon. I decided to just take the hit. But I picked up RoboCop and Vacancy on Blu.

Couldn't believe it when one rang up $15 bucks and the other $12.50.

I immediately wanted to go back for more, but I stopped myself there. Hard to believe I have such self control sometimes. :)

Steven Gebs

Stunt Coordinator
We need more of these deals to help the adoption of High def media!

I think this would help big time!

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Sucks if it's true. I was hoping it would continue into next week so I could take advantage with the Kubrick films in HD.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I don't think there was any mention of this on the CC website. Too bad if it's gone, as I would've liked to take advantage. Post if it's still working for ya (BD or HD-DVD)!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Is there any info on the sale? The online ad had a cryptic item that was like "5 BD (free 3)" with no explanation of any kind.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
From what I can gather it was a CC mistake that the deal ever applied to HD DVD's, let alone all Blu-rays $29.99 and under, rather than just the select titles others are offering. But the employees not knowing anything benefitted consumers whom they took at their word.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
For what it's worth, the titles that are officially part of the sale appear to be the same as the ones in the Amazon sale, plus a few others. But the starting prices are about $5 more than Amazon's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks