What's new

CBS Special 9|11 To be Released (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
9|11, the documentary made by French filmmakers Jules & Gedeon Naudet which premiered on CBS in February and was hosted by Robert DeNiro will make its way to DVD. The 2-hour documentary, which followed the training of a probationayr firefighter but focues on the tragic events of September 11th, will be released on September 10th as 9|11: The Filmmaker's Commemorative Edition. It will retail for $29.95. No word yet on specs, but it was presented on CBS in widescreen, so we can probably assume it will be.

Gavin_L

Second Unit
yeah i saw that on friday this was going to be released, i thought it was a well done documentary and was tastefully done. Truly showed the hero's that day.

I am hoping that the proceeds of the dvd release will hopefully go to the family's. I'll be picking this dvd up. When I have kids someday, i hope to show them this, show them the hero's who gave there life that day.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Unlike the other 9|11 specials that have been showing up. which show nothing but broadcast footage from that day, as well as the planes repeatedly hitting the towers, this documentary actually shows the heroes of that day, as they were doing their jobs. OF all the 9|11 specials and tributes, this is by far the best in terms of quality.

Gavin_L

Second Unit
OF all the 9|111 specials and tributes, this is by far the best in terms of quality.
I haven't seen any other specials or tributes like this one, this one really touched me, and i have to agree with you on being the best in terms of quality.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I actually remember last September thinking that someday, there would probably be a 9/11 movie, and I figuered there would be endless documentaries made on the subject, but Im not one to capitalize on disaster, but this one special appears to have been very well done, so I think I'll probably pick it up. My only fear though, is that if this DVD does well (which it probably will), that will just fuel the fire for even more 9/11 movies...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks