What's new

CBS Shows using the Same Music Tracks (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
So, I am watching an Episode of Leave it to Beaver in Season 2 and I heard 2 Music tracks That were also used in Mister Ed. Was this a common thing in the early TV Days ?

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
So, I am watching an Episode of Leave it to Beaver in Season 2 and I heard 2 Music tracks That were also used in Mister Ed. Was this a common thing in the early TV Days ?
I'm sure I remember hearing some Beaver music in a Twilight Zone episode. Can't remember which one but I was hysterical.

HubbaBubbaKid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Frankie
the 60’s CBS music library is my favorite. especially the Twilight Zone , The Fugitive and Star Trek. i remember as a kid always watching the credits of TZ and thinking , —whoever that guy “stock” is who does the music is awesome! 😄

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
I'm sure I remember hearing some Beaver music in a Twilight Zone episode. Can't remember which one but I was hysterical.

Overlapping episodes of Hawaii Five-0 and The Wild Wild West (the 1968-69 season) often used the same music for their act-ending bumpers. I've heard music composed for specific Twilight Zone episodes on Gunsmoke and Perry Mason: music composed (by Bernard Herrmann) for the Twilight Zone pilot "Where Is Everybody?" can be heard on the Perry Mason episode broadcast a week later ("The Case of the Watery Witness") and a few other episodes. Music composed (by Jerry Goldsmith) for "The Invaders" (Agnes Moorehead) can be heard in "The Case of the Glamorous Ghost". Separate jazz themes (composed by Jerry Goldsmith and Rene Garriguenc) I thought of as Perry Mason music as a kid was CBS stock music also heard on The Twilight Zone (mostly in "The Fever") but wasn't composed for either series.

Music composed by Nathan Scott for the Twilight Zone episode "A Stop at Willoughby" can be heard in the Perry Mason episode "The Case of the Clumsy Clown." Oddly enough the same recording of the public domain song "Beautiful Dreamer" heard on that Twilight Zone episode can also be heard on the Perry Mason broadcast.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
the 60’s CBS music library is my favorite. especially the Twilight Zone , The Fugitive and Star Trek. i remember as a kid always watching the credits of TZ and thinking , —whoever that guy “stock” is who does the music is awesome! 😄
Star Trek music was not a part of the CBS Music Library because it was a Desilu/Paramount production unrelated at the time to CBS.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I was watching a Gunsmoke episode where they played a music que that was from a Suspense radio show I had listened to.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
There are a few Leave it to Beaver music cues that I recall hearing in the Beany and Cecil cartoons.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
A detailed webpage was planned for the music of THE FUGITIVE with specific episodes and cues listed. It never got updated past 2012 that I can see, but it's still a good source of information as to which old CBS or OUTER LIMITS cues were appropriated for many of the series' episodes. (Keep scrolling, it's down there after the stories...)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
A detailed webpage was planned for the music of THE FUGITIVE with specific episodes and cues listed. It never got updated past 2012 that I can see, but it's still a good source of information as to which old CBS or OUTER LIMITS cues were appropriated for many of the series' episodes. (Keep scrolling, it's down there after the stories...)

Wow, very cool!! Thank you!

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
That site answered one of those burning questions I had about the unaired pilot:

season one

1. FEAR IN A DESERT CITY (unaired version)

The main and end title was a stock cue from the CBS EZQ library entitled "Rhythmic Theme" composed by Richard Shores.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
In some of the more lighthearted episodes of Alfred Hitchcock Presents, they used the Leave It To Beaver "Beaver is in trouble" comedic music.
I've heard CBS' Alfred Hitchcock Presents music cues on NBC's Suspicion, some of which episodes were also produced by Hitchcock. But this may be a separate music library than CBS' because even though AHP aired on CBS, it was produced by Revue (later bought by Universal), just like Leave It to Beaver.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
I was watching a Gunsmoke episode where they played a music que that was from a Suspense radio show I had listened to.
The theme to radio's CBS Mystery Theatre (or at least one heard in the 1970s) was derived from the score to The Twilight Zone episode "Two," composed by Nathan Van Cleave, which starred Charles Bronson and Elizabeth Montgomery, just as the theme to "A CBS Special Presentation" heard in the 1970s was edited from a track on the original Hawaii Five-0 soundtrack. Music composed for CBS series and used by CBS for other purposes.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
The stock music on AHP, LITB, and Suspicion was supplied to Revue by music entrepreneur David Gordon, who went by the pseudonym of Melvyn Lenard. Original music scores commissioned by music supervisor Stanley Wilson would become more commonplace at Revue on shows like Wagon Train, GE Theater, M Squad and many others!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks