What's new

CBS Sets DEXTER Network Premiere For February 17 (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Just say no!

Friends don't let friends watch "Edited For Network TV" Dexter.

Rikimaru

Auditioning
Real Name
Rikki
I'm sure there's an audience out there that have either never heard of Dexter before, or don't have Showtime. I'm a big Dexter fan myself and will be tuning in to see just how the edits are done.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I just hope that anyone who likes it based on a few episodes on CBS will go out and buy/rent the real thing, because I don't see how it could be the same.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
It definately lost something in the translation. Although not having seen it in High Definition it looked great, and as much as the $20 Price tag is appealing I'm gonna hang on and Hope for a Hi Def translation somewhere down the road.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
I just started watching the first season online in Divx and it got me hooked, line and sinker. I was up til 3am watching the first five episodes and had to stop to get some sleeeeep. I'll probably watch at least another five today and record the episode tonight on CBS. I didn't even know about this show last week. The little hottie across the way in my apartment complex had it in some DVDs she got from Blockbuster and I asked her what it was. I thought it was a kid's show or something -- WRONG.

Does anyone know if the show will continue on Showtime or is it permanently moved to CBS? I haven't seen the CBS version but it seems there's no way it could be near as good as the original.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You realize that all CBS is doing is airing the season ONE episodes (with different cuss words ADR'd so they don't get fined by the FCC, and some minor snips in the episodes themselves so it'll fit into the hour block on network broadcasting with commercial breaks)? If you've seen season one, there's no reason to record the CBS aired episode unless you want a good laugh hearing Doakes calling people "Muther Luvers!"

Dexten Season THREE will return later this year and air on Showtime for its first run of episodes (with the usual amount of cussing and nudity).

Rikimaru

Auditioning
Real Name
Rikki

I'm one to hold out for HD versions myself, but you might be surprised how good the SD version looks on DVD. Your results may vary depending on what your setup is like though.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
I've been watching the Divx streaming versions from ninjavideo.net and the quality is VERY good. Near HD fullscreen on my 15.5" laptop - . Audio is great as well. They have all of the S1 & S2 eps and they look great.

And thanks Patrick - I didn't realize CBS is simply rehashing S1. No need to record tonight.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
It's weird to hear Deb say something like "thanks for the freaking donut!"

It does sound like it is doing well in the ratings. And I thought it would get yanked after 3 episodes.

Look forward to season 2 when it comes out on DVD, since I don't have Showtime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks