What's new

CBS Series DVD's and possible Blu Revisits (1 Viewer)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Ignoring the mess they made of the Green Acres background music in season 3 of Petticoat Junction (Why the geniuses didn't just substitute regular Petticoat Junction jingles in those moments instead of Heyes tunes, I'll always wonder), there's even a cut song in an early season 1 episode of Petticoat Junction.

But unlike how they excised the Green Acres stuff, this season 1 cut is such a seamless one that you'd never suspect anything was amiss if you didn't know the episode well (It's uncut on MPI's "Ultimate" release that had the first 2/3's or so of season 1 and on different streaming services like Tubi that carry those public domain episodes).

The one thing that the music situation in Petticoat Junction has in its favor I suppose are that a lot of the songs get repeated several times during the course of seasons 4-7. I assume that's easier and cheaper from a licensing perspective than if a different song was sang every single time someone like Mike Minor or Meredith MacRae sings.

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Could there be some music clearance problems in the later seasons of The Hillbillies? I remember Roy Clark and Pat Boone guest starring in some episodes.
That's possible but those should be feasible since its only a few episodes in total. But Petticoat Junction has music clearance issues in the majority of episodes starting with season 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StreetPreacher
Recent bookmarks