What's new

CBS Revives Big Brother page (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
There was an unaired episode?

I wonder if they'll be doing the Total access thing again.

Seems they are having trouble with Big Brother overseas, with participants quitting mid show. I wonder if those problems will make it here.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I remember I was in California during Spring Break and when I was watching television in the hotel room before I left to come back to Las Vegas, the CBS news in LA said that they were holding auditions for Big Brother 3. After I heard that I just kept on wondering why CBS would honestly want a Big Brother 3.
Last time I checked:
- Big Brother did okay in the ratings starting out, but once the most interesting people got voted out (damn the general public, damn them all to hell!), a lot of people stopped watching it. At least Eddie won.
- Big Brother 2 did even worse in the ratings than Big Brother and due to 9/11, it wasn't even shown anymore.
I'm sure Big Brother 3 will do even worse in the ratings than the first two, so why continue it? Don't these networks realize that not a lot of people care about reality TV anymore?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's probably pretty inexpensive to produce for the number of hours you can fill/ratings you can get out of it.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
It's hugely inexpensive for original programming. The cost actually goes down every season as they keep getting use out of the same set (the biggest investment). It's cheaper to make than a daily talk show.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
And it's another excuse for me to go outside and enjoy a nice summer evening! Thanks CBS!!! :D

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Too the contrary..BB2 did a LOT better than BB1. Will and the mischief he created was a big factor. I was surprised they did a second one..not that they are doing a third.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
While I haven't watched the Swedish one, I've beena reading about it on the net... it seems pretty outrageous, especially compared to the US version. They basically provide the houseguests with as much alcohol as they want and watch them make fools of themselves. :) Plenty of under-the-covers sex, and the female houseguests actually built a little masturbation booth out of mattresses, that apparently got plenty of use. :laugh:
If they'll do that here too, I'll watch. :)
/mike

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
The reason why CBS wants BB3 is because CBS made a sh*tload of money off of the Real Video 24/7 format. In order for people to watch what happens in real time, they have to pay $29.95 to sign up with Real (Real One) GoldPass in order to watch Big Brother live. Last summer, CBS made lots of money off of this, so they want to repeat what they did last year. It doesn't matter if the Nielsen doesn't watch it as long as most people are paying to watch the live broadcast via the internet. That's where the real money.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
That's true too. People wanted the "uncensorred" web content - though I don't know how "uncensorred" it really was, or you'd think there'd be thousands of such screen caps littering the internet.

People like nekkid people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks