CBS Releasing Horror at 37,000 Feet

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by FrancisP, Mar 6, 2014.

1. FrancisP

FrancisP Screenwriter

I see that CBS is releasing "The Horror at 37,000 Feet" on Mar 18. I would love to see this succeed and hope it leads to more tv movies being released. Is there any way to find out what other tv movies CBS controls?

2. Roy Wall

Roy Wall Supporting Actor

Let's see Chuck Connors, Roy Thinnes, Buddy Ebsen, William Shatner, Russell Johnson, Frances Nuyen, Paul Winfield and H. M. Wynant...lot of iconic TV stars in a TV movie. I may pick this up for the laughs at 37,000 feet. ;)

3. Sky Captain

Sky Captain Second Unit

Neville Ross
    You can look up what TV movies CBS and Paramount have the rights to by going to IMDB and seeing what ones were made by Paramount Television (type in name of company, then look for titles.)

4. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Producer
    Supporter

Josh Steinberg
    Never heard of this... is Shatner reprising his role from the classic Twilight Zone episode? :)

Roy Wall likes this.
  5. FrancisP

FrancisP Screenwriter

Would that include titles that they have acquired as well as titles that were shot through Paramount? I do remember some of these tv movies being shot through non-major production companies.

6. dhammer

dhammer Second Unit

David
    No, it a completely different role. He plays a fallen priest who is extremely cynical and drinks too much. His character undergoes some significant changes as the movie progresses but I don't want to give away the plot.

I agree with those who wish more tv movies from the 70"s would be released. Particularly the fright flicks genre. I just bought and watched the officially released version of The Initiation of Sarah. That was great to get. Two other titles which jump into my mind are Killer Bees (Kate Jackson), and Satan's Triangle (Doug Mcclure).

hypnohighball likes this.
  7. FrancisP

FrancisP Screenwriter

Here's a couple more. The Cat Creature with David Hedison and written by Robert Bloch. Dan Curtis' Curse of the Black Widow.