What's new

CBS orders two more season of The Amazing Race (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Actually, the taxi rides will be a problem as well. I can see teams having to split up into teams of 2, and figure out how to stay together during such taxi rides.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
My only problem with them starting the next race in 3 weeks is burnout. This seems to be the problem with reality shows if they succeed. They come out one right after another and you get burnt out. It happened I believe with Last Comic Standing. When LCS 2 was followed by LCS 3 that pitted season 1 vs 2.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It'll be interesting - I imagine they'll stay closer to major cities which have minivan taxis available from the airport, or at least have a lot more "drive yourself" parts. Which is fine; I'd rather have victory determined by who can best navigate than by who lucks into a good taxi driver.

The number of participants will be a big thing, too - I'm guessing eight teams max, which still means 32 people at the start. Fewer teams means more non-elimination legs, though, unless they do more double-length ones (again, fine). If they have the "each team member can only do six/three Roadblocks" rule in effect, I hope there's a way that the team which brings a 12-year-old girl doesn't get screwed over too badly compared to, hypothetically, me and my three 20-something brothers.

Be fun and different, though.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Family Race sounds interesting, looking forward to that.

But the producers really need to figure out what they have been doing differently this season and stop it. Fix the casting, and most importantly stop having so many bunch ups. Try and have one at the very beginning of each leg, just to give the later teams a chance to catch up, but then have a legitimate full-on race where how each team does every second affects their performance. Witness the episode a couple of weeks ago where Adam was going to quit after they missed a train and Rebecca had to force him to stay in the race, and then they catch up when they were bunched together for the excitement of giving a monk some rice. That was just wrong. The producers have managed to plan the show so well in the past to avoid this problem that you wonder why the change.

EDIT: Excellent point. Could lead to a bit more of the creative airline juggling that this season has also been lacking.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks