Cbs-hd

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian_Niebur, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Brian_Niebur

Brian_Niebur Auditioning

Does it cost $1.99/mo if you are already paying the $4.99/mo for local channels?
    If so, that really stinks!!

2. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

My understanding is if you subscribe for the locals and qualify for the CBS HD feed there is no additional charge...
    ------------------

3. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

I'm not sure if this is going to come out right, but here goes. If all of my local stations went to HD, wouldn't it work if I just brought an HD antenna instead? As a digital signal would not waver in picture quality (unless it went out altogether, and if I were close enought to the station and/or had a big enough antenna), I think that just buying an HD antenna would be much cheaper in the long run, right?
    Glenn

4. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

Glenn,
    you would need a UHF antenna for the OTA HD. don't get caught up in anything labeled HD antenna, UHF is UHF. a UHF/VHF combo is a good choice for both analog and digital signals. depending on where you live in PDX, you may need a rotor to point to the different xmit antennas. i'm down in silverton and can get all the Portland stations without having to move my antenna, but i can get quite a few other stations if i swing my antenna (i'm talking all analog, i'm not HD ready, yet).
    check out www.titantv.com for azmith info for the towers from your house.

5. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Thanks Craig! That helps. I have read that all of the PDX stations are set up for HD, except for CBS (Oct 5th, 01). Since CATV can't do that and dish/DTV won't carry all of the stations, I think it would be a better way to go for the locals.
    Glenn

6. Brian_Niebur

Brian_Niebur Auditioning

I got set-up with it last night. Took about 10 minutes. They said it wouldn't cost anything.