What's new

CBS axes "Citizen Baine" (1 Viewer)

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
It really doesn't surprise me much. This brilliant show starring James Cromwell ( Babe, Star Trek - First Contact ) was simply too good for network television.
Oh, well--at least there's still The Education of Max Bickford.
------------------
"For Montagar, forever!"

Jodee

Screenwriter
This sucks. I really loved this show. I thought I was the only person watching it, but it's nice to see someone else liked it too.
I figured the fact it had such a horrible time slot meant that CBS was actually trying to grow the audience there. You wouldn't think they really expected great numbers Saturday at 9pm.

Rey L

Stunt Coordinator
Acutally, Lydia Woodward and John Wells (the executive producers), asked CBS to cancel the show. The issue was how much money the show was able to generate.
I heard a lot of good things about this program, but never watched it. As much as I would love to trash a network for cancelling a good show (Sports Night), the blame just isn't there this time.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
That's a real pity. I was enjoying the show in a sort of low-key way, but I guess that a cast full of people I recognized and like doesn't come cheap. Too bad, because it was one of the more original ideas for a show I'd seen in a while.
Not a good fall for CBS - "Wolf Lake" and "Citizen Baines" barely lasted a month, "Max Bickford" is flailing relative to cost, "Survivor" is wearing out its welcome, and "The Agency" appears to scare them to death.
(In a perfect world, they'd relaunch "Big Apple" in CB's place, but...)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Not a good fall for CBS
It appears to be a bad fall for most of the networks as far as new shows. I haven't gotten interested in any of the new network shows. Once Fox starts airing new shows at 8:00 ET/7:00 CT Max Bickford might be joining the list of cancelled.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, to be fair, Fox hasn't really started yet, but CBS also seemed to have the most new shows, all of which have blown up in one way or another.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I give "Max Bickford" to the end of February... It's expensive enough that CBS won't want to shelve the 13 episodes it paid for, but it's losing audience, costly, and has already lost one set of producers (so it's "troubled").

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks