CBS and their 50+ age target commercials....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Mar 20, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I didn't want to say senior citizens, so I figured that would be more appropriate [​IMG]..
    Question. Am I the only one who chages a channel, or mutes the sound when you here another commercial for folks over 50? Health Care Commercials, and the like? If CBS is trying to go for the younger market, you'd think that they'd have younger commercials as well. This is while watching TPIR, BTW. Who knows if they use this practice later during the night, as well, since I usually tape Letterman and fast forward through the commercials.
    I can't wonder if the people these commercials target do the same thing [​IMG]...

2. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

What demo do you suppose comprises the largest portion of daytime TV watchers?

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

There's a reason why CBS stands for Centigenarion Broadcasting System [​IMG]

4. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    The main audience for TPIR is older, hence commercials appropriate for that audience.

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Hey, they can't be worse then feminine hygiene commercials. Nothing gets me to hit the "Skip 30 seconds" button faster...

And I'm more than a little creeped out by advertising perscription drugs. But they all do that.

6. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

>>The main audience for TPIR is older, hence commercials appropriate for that audience>>

I wouldn't know about that. I'm sure there are tons of Dorms around the country that have TPIR tuned in at 11 AM every d ay. Not to mention stay at home parents who have nothing better to do. I would say the audience is about equal, age wise....

Hell, I even saved up to buy a cheap mini portable TV so I could watch TPIR with a group of friends during our Lunch breaks in Highschool, so there's probably even that smaller untapped audience..