What's new

Paramount+ Paramount+ Streaming Service (Formerly CBS All Access) (2 Viewers)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
All content appears present on AppleTV/iOS. I think you may be experiencing either hardware specific/user specific/platform specific bug rather than an intentional removal.

On the business end, it wouldn’t make sense since they constantly run ads on social media and websites saying “all episodes available now” and then not have said episodes available.

Maybe delete and reinstall the app?

Do they really say "all episodes available"?

AFAIK, that has never been true on the CBS All Access app for at least some shows, including some still-in-production shows like Mom. Probably wasn't (quite) true for the AppleTV app portal version either... though that does seem to offer (much) more in at least some cases...

It's certainly possible this latest lost of episodes in some shows is due to some unexpected bug, which was partly why I asked. But this wouldn't be a first for episodes to be dropped/excluded (intentionally or not)...

_Man_

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Do they really say "all episodes available"?

When a CBS All Access show finishes its season, yes. So the ad didn’t say that while new episodes of Picard were going up, for instance, but said it immediately after the last one debuted. Same for the other original shows. I was speaking specifically of AA content.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Just checked the app on my phone and no episodes of The Good Wife are available.

Checked the app on an Apple TV and no eps of Good Wife, Good Fight, Discovery, Picard or Short Treks. The splash screen for each shows comes up and where the “Play” icon should be is just a blue rectangle like the icon is selected.

In the time it took me to check, it’s all back. So I think it was a glitch on their side.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Just checked the app on my phone and no episodes of The Good Wife are available.

Checked the app on an Apple TV and no eps of Good Wife, Good Fight, Discovery, Picard or Short Treks. The splash screen for each shows comes up and where the “Play” icon should be is just a blue rectangle like the icon is selected.

In the time it took me to check, it’s all back. So I think it was a glitch on their side.

Just had the same experience. Looked at all these shows and couldn't play anything, backed out, then went back and could play them. But all episodes ARE available...

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think the most likely explanation is that they’re doing some backend configuration for the new service and they unintentionally caused a glitch while doing that work, or out of necessity had to temporarily turn something off while moving stuff around. I just can’t imagine they’re removing stuff intentionally when this stuff was the platform’s reason to exist in the first place.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Figures I guess... they might also be running their QA testing for the new Paramount+ app on their production system, instead of a separate, dedicated QA system, and causing problems for paying customers...

Still pretty odd how it was dropping access to some episodes, not necessarily all, for some of the shows (like The Good Wife) when I checked late last night...

_Man_

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Wanted to offer a mea culpa of sorts to ManW because I misread his earlier posts as being about CBS All Access show spun off from the Good Wife when he was actually talking about the original show. I’ve only ever seen CBS AA promote their original shows on social media. My apologies if I added confusion to the topic!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Wanted to offer a mea culpa of sorts to ManW because I misread his earlier posts as being about CBS All Access show spun off from the Good Wife when he was actually talking about the original show. I’ve only ever seen CBS AA promote their original shows on social media. My apologies if I added confusion to the topic!

No worries. You were clear enough in the subsequent reply.

And the issue seems resolved sometime yesterday.

I'm still curious though why the AppleTV app portal version of CBS All Access includes lots more episodes for some shows than the dedicated CBS All Access app -- I would think it'd be the other way around if there are any diffs at all.

For instance, looks like the AppleTV portal version includes all episodes for (all 8 seasons of) Mom, but the dedicated app currently only includes the latest season -- it did include at least one prior season maybe 1/2 year ago, but that has been dropped at some point since then.

_Man_

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Frasier is probably my favorite TV show, and having said that, I think a reboot would have a huge void due to Mahoney’s passing.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
From the few interviews I've heard with Grammar about it in the last few years, the intention is to make a show related to "Frasier,"like when we went from "Cheers" to "Frasier," but not the same show.

Different setting, some old characters, some new characters. Not so much a reboot, but it's own thing.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Fortunately, the way Frasier ended its run gives them pretty much a blank slate moving forward.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Fortunately, the way Frasier ended its run gives them pretty much a blank slate moving forward.
If a reboot can’t have Laura Linney as a main character, or some side plots involving the Niles and Daphne characters, then the show won’t have much of a chance IMO.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Paramount+ Super Bowl Ad.

Even Lucy Ricardo reached the summit.

1612459303798.png

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
CBS is offering 50% off annual plans until March 3 using code PARAMOUNTPLUS. $29.99/yr with commercials, $49.99/yr without commercials.

$29.99 for a year? I'm in!

7136DD10-086B-4BAE-80A0-358D357A5BBE.jpeg

Last edited:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Interesting, I didn’t know there is talk to bring Frasier back for Paramount +. I knew there was talk about it from Kelsey Grammar, but there was no details before.

I’ve been binge watching Frasier recently. I never liked the way Frasier’s pursuit of Charlotte ended, and she didn’t seem right for him. The way it was shown, it was sort of vague if Frasier was going back after Laura Linney on the plane. At least that’s what I recall. I think that Frasier got back with Lilith. That feels more right to me. At least I thought he and she should have remarried.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Now that I'm signed up I started digging into The Twilight Zone. I appreciate that they let you turn off the dreaded "the next episode starts in 30secs" countdown thing that usually interrupts the credits.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks