What's new

Paramount+ Paramount+ Streaming Service (Formerly CBS All Access) (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I got a second free month of CBS All Access and just cancelled again. I didn't watch much. When I went to cancel they offered me 2 additional months at 50% off. I did not take the offer. I will probably also cancel Disney+ when my free year expires in November. I expect Disney + to offer some spectacular entertainment in December as many free subscribers free service ends in November. Though many purchased the 3 year preorder Disney + deal so that might stop a big drop in subscribers in November.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I got a second free month of CBS All Access and just cancelled again. I didn't watch much. When I went to cancel they offered me 2 additional months at 50% off. I did not take the offer.

I seem to have had my free trial (mysteriously?) extended as well. I'm not complaining... though yeah, haven't watched it much beyond the original trial month (for the 2 new Star Trek series)...

_Man_

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This was weird. Peg and I just watched a season of Survivor and a season of Big Brother on our new subscription of CBS All-Access.

Tonight, we went to watch a season of The Amazing Race and found it wasn't there!

For some reason, TAR is available on Amazon Prime.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I subscribed to this for "Picard" and still haven't gotten around to cancelling it. I'm working my way through the new Twilight Zone, and I want to catch up with "The Good Fight" before I cancel.
Tonight, we went to watch a season of The Amazing Race and found it wasn't there!

For some reason, TAR is available on Amazon Prime.
Even though it airs on CBS and has the CBS Studios logo at the end, it's actually a Disney production. Disney must have made a deal with Prime Video at some point for the rights. It's got a better chance of ending up on Disney+ than CBS All Access, though.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I'm looking forward to getting caught up on The Good Fight, too, Adam!

Oh! Forgot I binged thru The Good Fight as well during that initial trial month. Thought I musta forgotten something given how much I used the service that 1st month. My memory ain't what it used to be, LOL... IF I know I'll have another free month (or more), I'd probably binge thru The Good Wife as well... but don't wanna start unless I can be sure, especially since my plate is pretty full already...

Meanwhile, just finally watched The Two Jakes on there. Kinda meh... It's not exactly a bad movie as much as it feels kinda (too) lifeless... too low key perhaps... Anyhoo, probably should be saying this in the other current thread instead...

_Man_

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Not enough new stuff interests me to resume subscription. I already have so much stuff to watch.

grjr53

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Still doesn't look/sound that compelling though...

One (very) annoying beef I have is w/ how there seems no way to set (better) default for audio to the highest available format (at least for their app on Roku). It seems to keep defaulting back to stereo PCM at the start of every single show episode (or movie), and for modern shows w/ either DD or DD-plus available, especially the various Star Trek series, that's very annoying and really needs to be "fixed".

Also doesn't help that their default stereo PCM tracks seem waaay louder than DD and DD-plus tracks, so whenever the default switch happens at start of a next episode, it'd completely blast us away w/ what seems like a thunderous 15-20db jump in volume -- only good thing is nobody would forget to manually switch back.

_Man_

Also, if I try to watch on my Fire Stick 4k or my built-in Android app then I can't find a way to get the 5.1/DD+ track at all. Onoy the fake DD from my AVR. Sometimes I would like to watch the Dolbyvision version of a show but can't get that on Roku.

Oh, and I could have sworn that a few weeks ago some of the shows that are in DolbyVision were also in Dolby Atmos. But I can't find anything like that now. It's possible I could have it confused with another service.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Shrug. It’s just CBS All Access with a different name.
If at first you don't succeed... rename it and try again. ;)

I'm not sure I'm understanding where you guys are coming from on this... when CBS All Access started they weren't apart of Viacom (Paramount) and now they are, which bring into the fold a lot of new TV and movies... why do you feel this is the same thing renamed?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
What I mean is, I don’t consider this to be an additional new service to subscribe to or an entirely new product. It seems to be the natural evolution of the existing service.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Honestly, this sounds like more of a big deal for countries that aren't the USA. Instead of licensing out the CBS All-Access shows to international versions of Netflix or Amazon, they'll be keeping it on their own platform (or at least have the option).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
FYI,

I have moved a bunch of posts from three other "CBS All Access" threads into this one main/official thread that can focus going forward anything related to "CBS All Access - Viacom/CBS Streaming Service".

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Service is re branding as Paramount +

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks