What's new

Paramount+ Paramount+ Streaming Service (Formerly CBS All Access) (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yes that’s exactly what I did and posted a few posts back.

Take a pic of your account with that info.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Yup, after posting, realized it was the weekend. Apparently when someone got back to work on Monday morning, mine got switched back to May 11. Oh well, easy come, easy go.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
So who has CBS Online and if so what do you think about the service? How is the video and sound quality on CBS Online? Is anything in Atmos or lossless audio? And do you feel there is enough value to justify the cost?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
While it's not anything you asked about, I did a free trial recently. (And I assume you are referring to CBS All Access, right?). I liked it, but one thing I DIDN'T like was that Young and the Restless (which was my soap FOR YEARS) started showing "classic" episodes when the shows that had been taped in advance ran out. I was excited to see these, but they never showed up as "available". From the email they sent me after I inquired I was told that those older episodes aren't licensed to show up on the service, even though the show is on CBS. I would have considered paying for it, but that was a deal-breaker for me.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
So who has CBS Online and if so what do you think about the service? How is the video and sound quality on CBS Online? Is anything in Atmos or lossless audio? And do you feel there is enough value to justify the cost?

A couple of ongoing threads which might help...

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
As much as I want to see the two Star Trek series only available on CBS service sounds like I will have to pass on this. You would think that for paying customers CBS would be offering high quality content.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Dave, you’ve got an AppleTV and CBS works fine on it. If you want to see the show, why not sign up, watch the show, and then cancel once you’ve finished? That’s what most of us do. A lot of us here don’t commit to having any particular app forever; we sign up when there’s a thing we want to see and cancel once it’s over.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Not worth spending a ton of time judging the service as it is today since it's about to undergo a huge change...

Still doesn't look/sound that compelling though...

One (very) annoying beef I have is w/ how there seems no way to set (better) default for audio to the highest available format (at least for their app on Roku). It seems to keep defaulting back to stereo PCM at the start of every single show episode (or movie), and for modern shows w/ either DD or DD-plus available, especially the various Star Trek series, that's very annoying and really needs to be "fixed".

Also doesn't help that their default stereo PCM tracks seem waaay louder than DD and DD-plus tracks, so whenever the default switch happens at start of a next episode, it'd completely blast us away w/ what seems like a thunderous 15-20db jump in volume -- only good thing is nobody would forget to manually switch back.

_Man_

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I finally finished watching ST Picard and immediately canceled. This service is the least compelling streaming service with a ridiculous high price for commercial free viewing and what little content is available. I'll re-sub once the entire season 3 of ST Discovery is up and I can binge it in less than a month.

This announced rebranding doesn't look very compelling either and how much you want to bet it will come with a price increase to $15.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I finally finished watching ST Picard and immediately canceled. This service is the least compelling streaming service with a ridiculous high price for commercial free viewing and what little content is available. I'll re-sub once the entire season 3 of ST Discovery is up and I can binge it in less than a month.

This announced rebranding doesn't look very compelling either and how much you want to bet it will come with a price increase to $15.

I might wait til next season of Picard (and maybe The Good Fight) before reactivating mine to binge on both that and S3 of Discovery in same month... unless Picard gets delayed way too long, which I suppose could be the case w/ this pandemic situation...

Will have to wait and see...

_Man_

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
Considering the amount of content they own, what's available is truly disappointing. I get that they're still trying to sell DVDs and what not, but still. For the price, it's definitely not worth it.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I’m going to cancel. For one thing I own most of what shows I want on physical media from them. For another I’m unhappy with their overload of what passes for Star Trek

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm still new to streaming and just took a subscription to CBS All Access.

Peg and I are watching a few different series concurrently and I'm wondering if someone here can help me out.

As of now, the only way I can figure out to navigate the system to get back to the series we are watching is to search on the name of the show and click on it, etc. This is clunky and not very efficient. Is there a way to set up a "favorites" section or be able to select the various series being watched so that they will come up when we log in?

Anything like that? I am using an Apple 4kTV as my source for this (if that helps). I have not gotten my sea legs yet around the streaming process. I couldn't even find the closed-captioning when I watched Hamilton on D+ the other night.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Anything like that? I am using an Apple 4kTV as my source for this (if that helps).

If you have the ATV, what you really should do is not use the CBS All Access app at all and use the Apple TV app. The "Watch Now" tab automatically queues up the next episode for you for every show you watch, even if you're watching shows across multiple services. It's also a great way to save a list of movies you want to watch next.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Patrick: Thanks!

I called it up and "connected" CBS All Access to Apple TV and found a couple of the series we are watching and now they are sitting in the Watch Now screen (you as you said).

What IS Apple TV? I have noticed it as an app on the A4kTV box. Is it just a piece of software designed to get subscribers of various services to be able to use it as "one stop shopping?" I apologize for being so far behind the times.

I do NOT see Disney+ as one of the channels listed on AppleTV (nor Amazon Prime).

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Patrick: Thanks!

I called it up and "connected" CBS All Access to Apple TV and found a couple of the series we are watching and now they are sitting in the Watch Now screen (you as you said).

What IS Apple TV? I have noticed it as an app on the A4kTV box. Is it just a piece of software designed to get subscribers of various services to be able to use it as "one stop shopping?" I apologize for being so far behind the times.

I do NOT see Disney+ as one of the channels listed on AppleTV (nor Amazon Prime).

It's meant to be sort of a 1 stop place to view all of your content (instead of hunting through every single app), but it's not fully realized the way they envision it because not all services are connected to it (yet). Netflix and Criterion are two I wish would connect to it.

It's incredibly handy because you can see everything you are watching in one place. If I see a movie I might want to watch at some point, I'll add it to Watch Now before I forget about it. Or a member here might mention a movie that I'll add to it to watch later. All the different TV shows are there, too.

Another handy thing to know - if you use Siri to search for a specific movie or TV show it will show you what apps have it, so you don't have to search through every app to find it.

To make things even more confusing for you, there is a separate thing within the Apple TV app called Apple Channels, which is where you can subscribe to individual services. That is where you were trying to find Disney+ and Amazon Prime, but services like that are not located there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks