What's new

CBS All Access - Stereo Only? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
We are enjoying it as well, and will most likely pick up the second season on Blu-ray if and when CBS releases it. What is so aggravating is that we both know that the series gets better treatment in Europe where it streams on Netflix, definitely in 5.1 and possibly in 4K and Atmos.

If CBS All Access folded and all of their new Trek programming migrated to Netflix in the U.S., I don't think I'd shed a tear.

Say whatever you want about Netflix and their business plan and pricing and selection, but in my experience, that app just works, regardless of whether it's on an old broken down device barely clinging to life or the newest state of the art gizmo.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I just wanted to come back here to confirm that Discovery is still playing in 5.1 for me.

So the tech support’s assertion that shows were changed to 2.0 sound only is false.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Does CBS streaming also do black and white only? And do I need to buy new rabbit ears to get it, or will my internet connection suffice?

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I decided to go ahead and sign-up for this. I found a one-month free trial instead of the standard 7-day, so I went for it. My expectations aren't very high based on what I've read, but I have until May 30th to decide if I want to keep it or not.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I think this most recent response from CBS All Access customer support sums up just how poorly run this service is:

Dear Todd,

Thank you for contacting CBS All Access. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. I'll be more than happy to assist you. CBS All Acess is in standard definition for audio and sound. Our product team is constantly working to improve the CBS All Access experience.

We strive to roll out updates on a regular basis, so please check back very soon!

Thank you for being a CBS All Access subscriber.
Standard definition in BOTH audio AND sound! WOW - the best of the same world! :dancing-banana-04:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Starting May 30 - the new Twilight Zone will be available in black and white

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I'm like a dog sometimes, refusing to put that bone down.

The CBS app on my Sony UHD TV can do DD+ 5.1 audio on most TV shows when hooked up with ARC. That prompted me to contact CBS again, since both of my Rokus will play select movies from the CBS app in DD+ 5.1, but all TV shows are stereo. I phrased my issue in that way, and this was their response:

Dear Todd,

Thank you for contacting CBS All Access and reporting the issue regarding the audio. Our technical team is aware of the problem, and as soon as this is resolved, we will contact you. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

Thanks for understanding!

Regards,
CBS All Access Customer Service
Maybe there is hope, yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks