What's new

CBC cancels This is Wonderland (1 Viewer)

Mark.C.

Auditioning
On Feb. 13th CBC announced the cancellation of 3 of its prime time dramas including This is Wonderland.

This has started a storm of protest and hot discussion on the This is Wonderland web site.

I personally love this show and lament the fact that only season # 1 was ever released to DVD.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
in the grand scheme of things i'm not that shocked that it was cancelled. ratings have dropped significantly for it this year compared to the past couple.

i've unfortunately rarely seen it when it's actually on and got into it due to the dvd release. i too am quite disappointed that you can't get anything beyond that on dvd to date (and that we likely never will either... *sigh*)

Mark.C.

Auditioning
Many people have never seen this show when it was on originally because CBC kept messing with the scheduling.
3 seasons and 3 different time slots on different nights is not conducive to building an audience.

The last 3 episodes will be on CBC Wednesday evenings at 8PM (eastern) starting March 1, 2006.

A petition got started to complain not only about the shows cancellation but the general lack of support that CBC is showing Canadian made Television shows. The petition has over 2,000 signatures to date but I'm not sure that CBC is in any mood to listen.

Mark.C.

Auditioning
Rumour has it that George Walker, the creator of This is Wonderland, is working on a project for TMN.

Who knows maybe they will take This is Wonderland as well.
We can only hope.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Me either. CBC is a Canadian network so it must only air there I assume.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
at this point in time, that is the case. Canada only. good show though about a young (read: newbie) lawyer named Alice being thrown into the deep end of a strange and bizarre world down through the rabbit hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks