What's new

Caveat Emptor - No Need for a Lie Detector (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I once, half jokingly, said that once a year, the cable mongers get together and have a private contest on just how much they were able to bilk gullible consumers out of their hard earned money. I imagine they also trade their marketing techniques used on consumers as well as reviewers. Just catch a manufacturer who just lost his cool and let's you know how he really feels.

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
Why does an argument from another forum need to be posted over here?

You're taking the qoute completely out of context to begin with, then your reposting it without the original poster's knowledge, and finally it has nothing to do with the aims and goals of this forum.

Lee-M

Stunt Coordinator
This is what that Chu guy does... brings his own sh#t, then stirs it and tries to get everyone to smell it.

Fortunately, I have become immune to the smell of Chu's Famous Stirred Sh#t.

Things to look for next: one of Chu's buddies joins in on the sh#t-stirring, then they make a congratulatory and obligatory reference to drinking some sort of alcoholic beverage (perhaps even posting a clip-art of a bottle)...

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled Forum, hopefully devoid of the smell of Chu's Stirred Sh#t...

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
Another pointless rambling by Chu. :thumbsdown: Your incessant dispelling of "audio myths" is getting old.

Alan M

Second Unit
Chu,
Your posts about audio & video manufacturers at this and other forums is annoying at best.It is disruptive to the community as a whole.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Scott, I posted a statement made by a manufacturer and IMO, it stands on its own as to how this manufacurer and many others view the buying public. As far as reposting it without his knowledge, I'm under no legal obligation to do so. If you don't want something repeated, then don't say it or don't write it.

Lee-M, what can I say other than to point you to your own post.

DaveHo, as you'll note, there was no dispelling of audio myths in my post. Sorry there's so many by me on this topic, but there's just so many myths and so much misinformation out there.

Alan M: I'd imagine it would be disruptive to vette this kind of stuff out. Tell me, if it'd been said by Noel Lee or Amar Bose, would you feel the same?

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member

I find these statements hilarious. Are you saying, Dave, that we should continue believing in these "audio myths"? Why shouldn't the "community" be disrupted now and again, Alan? Why shouldn't people and companies be asked to defend their beliefs and designs? I like Chu posts. They are obviously from someone who been there, done that and is no longer impressed by the charlatans and hucksters of the world, if he ever was, and are backed by solid reasoning and hard-to-dispute facts. Sometimes they're funny. I am not familiar with any posts by the other respondents to this thread, but from their tone I doubt that I would be similarly impressed.

On the other hand, Chu, I think we're entitled to know where this quote came from.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Yes, let's just allow false data and misinformed theories to continue--that way more and more people operate their system incorrectly and/or purchase the wrong components.

:confused:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Looks like this thread is being disrupted.

Guys, I seriously doubt the originator of this thread is the troll you allege him to be. He is excellent at picking out audio nonsense. But, despite that, the thread is closed. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks