Caught off guard with Requiem for a Dream menus

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Heather L., Jan 17, 2002.

1. Heather L.

Heather L. Auditioning

Hi everyone......I thought for my first post this would be perfect for a humorous topic.
    I just bought the dvd uncut and have never seen the film before.....but it looks good + heard alot of good things about it & none of thte stores here carry the unrated version for rental/sale...besides Best Buy and a couple other stores(Sam Goody ect).
    Well the first time i put in the disc to check out the trailers......i was busy plugging the dvd player in(since we have to share the A/V jacks with video games ect) & when the disc started.......i was freaked out for a minute,thinking i had a defective disc & someone somehow had recorded a crappy/fuzzy infomercial on the disc.
    Finnaly after a minute of the informercial playing...the menu options for the film/dvd came up(+ pressing menu on the remote takes you right to them) & i finnaly got the joke,lol.
    Watched the trailer & it had a really really heart breaking/emotional sad affect on me......that i was just stunned when over....have yet to watch the film(though will soon when i have time),but i'm sure it'll pack a punch if the trailers are any indication.
    The only other time i was worried for a minute was when i bought the Elite Night Of the Living Dead dvd and the little joke at the begining.....if you have the dvd,you know what i'm talking about.
    Also just to warn my brother since i know he would'nt have the patience to sit through the Requiem infomercial til it finnaly gets to the menu screen.......i told him about it & that nothings wrong with the disc,just wait and you'll be able to watch the film if you ever decide to.

2. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

JUICE by Heather!!

3. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Second Unit

4. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

I hope you enjoy Requiem, its a very unique and powerful movie.

5. Bryant Trew

Bryant Trew Second Unit

Make sure not to watch it with kids around. Seriously!

6. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

This is a must-see film. Brillant piece of work although its very despressing, when I showed this to some of my friends they were sitting there stunned.

7. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Keep a VERY LIGHT comedy nearby to watch afterward so that you can rejoin humanity. [​IMG]
    The film is very emotional and disturbing. The type of film that really captures your imagination and locks you in. Unfortunately the trip isn't a "fun" one.
    Yeah, the menus on it are awesome. They fit the mood of the film so well.
    The Tron SE menu has a fun "defective" effect. So does the "Fight Club" menu system and the "Memento" menu can confuse the hell out of someone.
    By far the most confusing menu is on the "Tool: Lateralus" DVD.

8. Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols Supporting Actor

I confess, the opening menu caught me as well. I had just moved some of my AV equipment arround, and popped my newest disc in to test it out.

Here I was looking at a washed out staticky infomercial, and I could NOT find the location that I had messed up my cabling. THEN I noticed the menu items....

:b