What's new

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Catwoman: Hunted features the Selina Kyle Catwoman teaming up with Batwoman to take down Barbara Minerva and the mysterious entity known as Leviathan.

Catwoman: Hunted (2022)

Released: 08 Feb 2022
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: N/A

Director: Shinsuke Terasawa
Genre: Animation, Action, Sci-Fi

Cast: Stephanie Beatriz, Lauren Cohan, Kelly Hu
Writer(s): Greg Weisman

Plot: Follows Catwoman in an attempt to steal a priceless jewel. This puts her squarely in the crosshairs of both a powerful consortium of villains, Interpol and Batwoman.

IMDB rating: N/A
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Warner Brothers
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 2160p HEVC w/HDR

Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I liked this one more than you did. The lack of a terribly coherent narrative didn't bother me because I thought the "fun factor" was more than enough to compensate.

It's lighter and friskier than most of these DC animated flicks and just an enjoyable little show!

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
I am glad to know that you enjoyed it. Was I too harsh in my appraisal?

I really enjoyed parts of Catwoman: Hunted but I just found the narrative to be very uneven. The initial caper in Spain was a lot of fun, but after that it went in some different directions and I could not prevent boredom setting in while watching the second act.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I am glad to know that you enjoyed it. Was I too harsh in my appraisal?

I really enjoyed parts of Catwoman: Hunted but I just found the narrative to be very uneven. The initial caper in Spain was a lot of fun, but after that it went in some different directions and I could not prevent boredom setting in while watching the second act.

Ya thought what ya thought! Far be it for me to say someone was too harsh! :D

I find a lot of these DC direct-to-video animated flicks just aren't very good. They're uneven in terms of storytelling and often just... blah.

This one had a lot of style and a certain "fun factor" that most of the others don't.

The entire story was basically a MacGuffin, IMO, so I didn't care that it lacked great coherence.

Anyway, didn't mean to criticize your criticism! :) But I did like it so I thought I'd toss out my 2 cents!

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Do wish these DC animated features were a full 120 minutes, instead of about 70. Some had really dense plot lines that needed more time to breathe.

===jthree

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Do wish these DC animated features were a full 120 minutes, instead of about 70. Some had really dense plot lines that needed more time to breathe.

===jthree

I hear that, but I have to admit that even the ones with a longer running time - meaning the ones released as 2 parts - haven't really used that time especially well, IMO.

The DC animated movies are just really erratic period.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks