What's new

Cats VS Dogs (1 Viewer)

Ches Campbell

Stunt Coordinator
Dogs are the best pets, no contest. First of all, besides being allergic to cats, i just plain don't like them. They crap and pee in your house. They tear up things with their claws, and they have hairballs.
I have three labs, that live inside. They never go to the bathroom in the house. They Are easier than any cat I know of to maintain. All you have to do is open the door for them to go outside. With cats you have to clean out their litter boxes all the time. SO I don't wanna hear about maintenance.
As far as love, cats don't even come close. Dogs really do have unconditional love. They are there to greet you when you get home, and love nothing more than for you to play with them or pet them. Cats just lay there and do whatever they want. I love my dogs just as much as most people, maybve even more.
I do have to admit though, that I also hate toy dogs. They are pretty much good for nothing except barking.
Sorry to rant, but I love dogs, and hate cats.
Later

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Ches: Cats aren't property. And this talk of them being aloof and unfeeling rankles. If I so much as stub my toe and wince in pain, my little buddy is all over me and won't leave until I speak to him soothingly and reassuringly. More than twenty-two years ago, a pack of three Dobermans killed and mutilated a beloved cat of mine who had managed to run out of the house. I could have directed my hate at all dogs, but that would have been silly, wouldn't it? So, let's just say which species we prefer (and why) and leave it at that, okay? By saying you "hate" cats, you're offending those who love and live with them. (Cat lovers also wince at the word "pet," but we won't go there.) JB

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
That's the other thing cats have going for them. Unless they're lions, they're not real big on the killing thing.
Much as I like cats, Jan, all of the ones I’ve had (or perhaps allowed me to let them live with me) have been killers. Or, as they are now (having to stay indoors) potential killers.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I would love to have a dog. I have never gotten one, since living alone, I live amongst the concrete which is downtown Long Beach.
I have an iguana who really loves my sister's cat.
I too love cats , but was too heartbroken after my last one died. :frowning: Rain told me to buck up and get another one, and since I am moving to a huge mid-town flat, it just may be in the future.
I don't think I prefer one over the other but I have had 4 long-term relationships with cats. My iguana on the other hand, is an angel.

Shana

Stunt Coordinator
Sure cats have a hunting instinct, but dogs have a pack instinct, they will kill a cat if given half the chance (seen many sad cases) alone or with other dogs. I do love dogs too but cats are more my personality, laid back, purr (most are very affectionate, I have had many cats let me pet them and sit in my lap whereas they wouldn't have anything to do with their owners), and don't bark!

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
I have two cats and a dog.
The dog is more loyal, and I can take her everywhere. If I had to choose, the cats would be sent packing.
DOGS

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Gotta go with dogs. My Rottweiler loves me to death, and is always affectionate. My cat looks at me like "don't you screw with me you bastard."

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
I agree with you 100% Steve and Shana. Cats are the supreme animals of the earth, as far as I am concerned. There are bad cats (just like bad dogs), but nothing compares to a well trained and well loved domestic house cat. Nothing.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
dogs have a pack instinct, they will kill a cat if given half the chance
This is a pretty strong statement and one that I totally disagree with. I have plenty of friends and family members that live with both a dog and a cat under the same roof. In all of their households, both animals peacefully co-exist. Their dogs have far more than a 50% chance to kill the cat, but none of them have. Cats are (usually) at a severe size disadvantage, so they are pretty vulnerable. But show me a dog and cat that are similar in size and the cat can more than hold its own, sometimes viciously. A co-worker had a pug that had the crap scratched out of it by her boyfriend's cat. Try convincing her that dogs are cold-blooded killers.

Shana

Stunt Coordinator
Michael K, you do make a good point. It probably was too strong of a statement BUT I know that there aren't packs of cats roaming neighborhoods or escaping from yards killing other cats, dogs AND humans.

That pug probably freaked out the cat, so it reacted as anyone would ~~ with self preservation in mind. Duh!

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Cats! Meow!
Link RemovedLink Removed
Link Removed
These are not my cats, but my father's... I am kinda scared of dogs, but cats, other than the natural fear of feeling a furry creature walk over me, just seem nicer.
If it wasn't for my Asthma, I'd probably adopt one...
Edit: Just a cool story, yesterday, when I came home from my dad's, on my way to the door, Cleo (The one on the right above) walked to the door, put her paw on it and Meowed. So my dad decided to walk a bit with me as I was going to the subway station holding her in his arms. She stood still for a while, but as we were walking, we heard all the cats in the neighborhood meowing like crazy! As we were getting near the street corner, she started getting agitated so he turned around... That was just so cute to hear all those kitties meowing at the same time!

Shana

Stunt Coordinator
Martin, I am very lucky as I am allergic to just about anything that grows outdoors but not dogs or cats as many humans have allergies to. If I can't go out and be one with nature, I can at least hang out with my kitties. Birds on the other hand I am very allergic to.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I've seen plenty of birds, squirrels and even a rabbit whacked by cats, so you can't tell me that they're docile creatures without any sort of killer instinct. It's just simply not true. By the way, I see a lot more cats roaming my neighborhood than dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks