What's new

Cats VS Dogs (1 Viewer)

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
Which makes the better pet? Cats or Dogs
Me I am a cat person. Don't get me wrong I like dogs to, but I think cats are easier to take care of.
So which do you like better?

Kevin T

Screenwriter
well it depends. if we're talking about "real" dogs that are large and kept outdoors...then nothing beats a dog for companionship, ease of maintenance, and protection. if you're talking about one of those toy dogs or you prefer to keep your large dog indoors, then a cat would win in the ease of maintenance category but i've generally found that dogs will love you unconditionally while cats, though loving in their own right, can be fickle little bitches! and dogs will always win the protection "category" as a cat would run and hide from a stranger (burglar) and probably let you die in the event of any disaster such as a fire.

kevin t

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Different pets for different people; I'd say I'm a "dog" person. In my eyes, cats are like fish as far as pets go. They just sit around and aren't all that affectionate. Now, cat owners will say their cat is affectionate to them, which is very possible - but I'd just rather have a dog.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Cat person, was chased by a dog when I was very young.
I've had dogophobia ever since.
Favorite screen pussycat - Nastassia Kinski - Cat People.:D

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
We have a Balinese cat with the personality of a dog. Very talkative and loving without the barking, mess, and slobber of a dog. The best of both worlds. :)

Patrick Wilmes

Stunt Coordinator
I will agree that cats are easier to take care of but that to me puts them in the "fish" category as far as pets go.Dogs can be so human-like and their love is unconditional.Cats can be moody and their affection seems to come and go.

For times when we go on vacation I wish we had a cat since they are so self sufficient but that's only one minor advantage to me.I've had cats and dogs and I've never gotten attached to a cat like I do with dogs,they're like friends or members of the family.

JessV

Agent
I'm always a cat person, but especially today since I just found out my idiot dogs killed one of my cats :frowning: :angry: .

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, Jess. :frowning: My advice: get rid of the dog and get another cat. That's the other thing cats have going for them. Unless they're lions, they're not real big on the killing thing.

JessV

Agent

Thanks, We probably will get rid of the one we think is the instigator. We've still got 7 cats left, so we won't be looking for another one; at least not actively.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I'm definitely a dog person. As mentioned before, dogs will love you unconditionally and are great comapanions. My dogs always want to play or just hang around with me. They like to go for a ride in the car or sleep in the bedroom. Cats are far more aloof and really only care about finding the next meal. If it's their owner feeding it, fine...just a means to an end. If it's a bird or a mouse outside...great, no need to come back in the house. I always thought Gary Larson had a great handle on differences between dogs and cats when penned the classic Far Side comic strips "What we say to dogs" and Link Removed

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I love both, but can't keep a dog comfortably in a Boston apartment, so I'm cat-only at the moment. But Mark Twain, for one, certainly wasn't so ecumenical as I:
Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.
- Notebook, 1894

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I'm highly allergic to cats, so dogs it is. I just don't like really big dogs because they scare me when they jump on me but other than that, I think they're great.

Shana

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely KATZ --- they have really cool personalities, and they can pick good people from bad. I just don't really trust people who don't like cats.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks