Cats VS Dogs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Hutman, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Mike Hutman

Mike Hutman Supporting Actor

Which makes the better pet? Cats or Dogs
    Me I am a cat person. Don't get me wrong I like dogs to, but I think cats are easier to take care of.
    So which do you like better?

2. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

well it depends. if we're talking about "real" dogs that are large and kept outdoors...then nothing beats a dog for companionship, ease of maintenance, and protection. if you're talking about one of those toy dogs or you prefer to keep your large dog indoors, then a cat would win in the ease of maintenance category but i've generally found that dogs will love you unconditionally while cats, though loving in their own right, can be fickle little bitches! and dogs will always win the protection "category" as a cat would run and hide from a stranger (burglar) and probably let you die in the event of any disaster such as a fire.

kevin t

3. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Different pets for different people; I'd say I'm a "dog" person. In my eyes, cats are like fish as far as pets go. They just sit around and aren't all that affectionate. Now, cat owners will say their cat is affectionate to them, which is very possible - but I'd just rather have a dog.

4. Mitty

Mitty Supporting Actor

Cat person, all the way. No question.

5. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I'm a doggie person. [​IMG]

6. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    Cat person, was chased by a dog when I was very young.
    I've had dogophobia ever since.
    Favorite screen pussycat - Nastassia Kinski - Cat People.[​IMG]

7. Jan H

Jan H Cinematographer

We have a Balinese cat with the personality of a dog. Very talkative and loving without the barking, mess, and slobber of a dog. The best of both worlds. [​IMG]

8. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    I'm definitely a dog person.

9. Patrick Wilmes

Patrick Wilmes Stunt Coordinator

I will agree that cats are easier to take care of but that to me puts them in the "fish" category as far as pets go.Dogs can be so human-like and their love is unconditional.Cats can be moody and their affection seems to come and go.

For times when we go on vacation I wish we had a cat since they are so self sufficient but that's only one minor advantage to me.I've had cats and dogs and I've never gotten attached to a cat like I do with dogs,they're like friends or members of the family.

10. Rich Romero

Rich Romero Supporting Actor

I'd have to give the edge to dogs.

11. JessV

JessV Agent

I'm always a cat person, but especially today since I just found out my idiot dogs killed one of my cats [​IMG] [​IMG] .

12. Jan H

Jan H Cinematographer

Sorry, Jess. [​IMG] My advice: get rid of the dog and get another cat. That's the other thing cats have going for them. Unless they're lions, they're not real big on the killing thing.

13. JessV

JessV Agent

Thanks, We probably will get rid of the one we think is the instigator. We've still got 7 cats left, so we won't be looking for another one; at least not actively.

14. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

I'm definitely a dog person. As mentioned before, dogs will love you unconditionally and are great comapanions. My dogs always want to play or just hang around with me. They like to go for a ride in the car or sleep in the bedroom. Cats are far more aloof and really only care about finding the next meal. If it's their owner feeding it, fine...just a means to an end. If it's a bird or a mouse outside...great, no need to come back in the house. I always thought Gary Larson had a great handle on differences between dogs and cats when penned the classic Far Side comic strips "What we say to dogs" and "What we say to cats"

15. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Michael, that's exactly what I had in mind when I named my dog, Ginger. [​IMG] -Exactly- like that.

16. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

I love both, but can't keep a dog comfortably in a Boston apartment, so I'm cat-only at the moment. But Mark Twain, for one, certainly wasn't so ecumenical as I:

17. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

cat

18. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

I'm highly allergic to cats, so dogs it is. I just don't like really big dogs because they scare me when they jump on me but other than that, I think they're great.

19. Shana

Shana Stunt Coordinator

Definitely KATZ --- they have really cool personalities, and they can pick good people from bad. I just don't really trust people who don't like cats.

20. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

And with that, Shana deserves a big welcome to HTF!

(Attila the Cat would approve.)